lets be honnest!!

dico

Reaction score
in great britain i think we have 25,000 scaffolders quote me if iam wrong admins done a fantastic job to get nearly 10,000 scaffolders a board the forum but what do the other 15,000 think that dont use the forum or just work and go home for there tea anybody no the correct amount of scaffolders in england!!!! not the cisrs rip off scheme but the complete package:laugh:

Last edited:
I have no idea how many of us there are, but there are a fair few scaffs who I've made aware of the forum but have no interest for various reasons, no idea how to use a computer, can't read or write or have precious little time to drink themselves to death so can't/won't join up.

It's an impressive forum none the less, for a forum of any standard there are A LOT of members, and many regular posters too.

im almost positive ive posted how many scaffs there are in england ( britain ) a good while ago now like , cant remember where i got the figures from now :(

im almost positive ive posted how many scaffs there are in england ( britain ) a good while ago now like , cant remember where i got the figures from now :(

You don't fancy searching through all 2,162 posts of yours to find it :nuts:

I have not a clue how many scaffs there are in the UK, or how to construct a method for estimating the number

As for the membership of the Scaffolders Forum, we are all here of our own free will,It will not appeal to all scaffolders for various reasons,for myself I like the debate and some of the one liners are price-less

My main dislike is when people try to diss others on the forum,and the playground antics of others using foul language and threats of violence when they are miles away from thier foes :huh: keyboard warriors

But at the end of the day each to his own,
Say what you mean, but mean what you say

I try to get as many people as possible i work with to come onto the Forum.
The most common response is: 'I aint going on that shiit'. - Which fukking pisses me off, no end.

The problem with this entire trade - all of Scaffolding, is that we aint evolved.
We're still skulking about like cave-men and still treated like Neanderthal thugs...

Most Scaffolders i know are NOT big, hairy, bully, pisshead w@nkers that they used to be.
The days of beasting about, smashing lumps of shiit up, for a few shillings are over. - We DONT need to be like that anymore. We dont need to kill ourselves anymore and why the fukk should we??? - Our bosses earn more then enough out of us, without busting our balls all day.

Proper fukks me off...

Am i a big hulking brute?
No. Im a short (5ft 6), fat (14st) little bloke... but i cant half put a nice job up. ---> WITHOUT A DRAWING, with my eyes closed. - I fukking ruin most blokes i work with - who i might add, cant put a Scaffold up round a bus stop, without making a mess.
I read books, play the xBox, watch Star Trek films and listen to Classical music.

You DONT need to be a cave-man to do this job and do it correctly.

Its an attitude that need to change.
It needs to change from 'grass-roots' ie: Labourers - all the way to the top Scaffolders and their Supervisors.

Like the SCCR and this Forum.
Its STILL not being taken seriously yet and when it does, all our lives are going to become much, much easier.

"Only sad c.unts, sit on the Scaffolders Forum" - FUKK YOU! - Its just a laugh and a good place to get help and offer it, to others that are the same as you - the same as us - Scaffolders, who are ALL struggling to earn a few quid to look after our families.

Ive been on the Sambuca for most of the evening and feel like a moan.
Rant over.

I think there's still a high percentage of the population that still don't have broadband or a computer.

Internet forums still fill people with fear & distrust as to who they are speaking to. When you tell people that you have actually met someone who you first met online, you almost see them gasp with astonishment... afterall, everyone online is a potential axe murderer or paedo... or so we are lead to believe.

And sometimes the new guys here do have a bit of a rough ride (as Rigger pointed out), although on the whole most posters are welcoming to the n00bs!

However you look at it, I think you all do a splendid job of keeping the forum an interesting lively place to be. You'd be amazed at how many dead forums float out in hyperspace. Started with good intentions but floundered for whatever reason.

So be proud of yourselves :)

Young'uns couldnt be bothered,old'uns dont know how to turn a computer on!

Well said Super, Oldun still learning. still dont know how to attach pics. Soon mate, if only my son could be bovvered to show me lol.

just sign up its free , then when you open a pic up in photobucket it has 4 different lines of code in a box you click on think it bottom line , it copies it then you click on what ever post you on an paste , an bobs your uncle

getting back to the amount of Scaffolders in GB,i must have came across at least 30000 form BORO itsself so the real number must be about 70000:blink:

in great britain i think we have 25,000 scaffolders quote me if iam wrong admins done a fantastic job to get nearly 10,000 scaffolders a board the forum but what do the other 15,000 think that dont use the forum or just work and go home for there tea anybody no the correct amount of scaffolders in england!!!! not the cisrs rip off scheme but the complete package:laugh:
Am I reading it wrong, the forum notes only 2832 on the members list??
am I missing something.

getting back to the amount of Scaffolders in GB,i must have came across at least 30000 form BORO itsself so the real number must be about 70000:blink:

Daftscaff you mustnt have been to jarrow on the tyne then, if there is 30,000 boro scaffs there must be 60,000 jarra scaffs, its a way of life in jarrow :laugh:

IM FROM MARYHILL IN GLASGOW AND EVERYCANT IS A SCAFF HERE EVEN MY WEE MAMMY :eek:

Top Bottom