Ledger bracing.

frederik

Reaction score
Ledger Bracing off hand rail.

Is this Ok??

Went by a job today,Ledger brace(dogleg) came off handrail.
Ive not seen this before. Looked tidy enough!?

Ive seen it off a 10ft Lift before... they braced from the top handrail to the inside Ledger - Double to Double.

Im not a fan, but then again, its probably easier to walk along the Scaffold with the Braces like that, lol.

horses/courses or whatever , seeing as the ncc in scotland train guys leger to leger. I havent worked with anyone who braces like that in years , recently when building a 2.5mtr square , after the kicker lift the guy who i was working with whos been in the game 35 years started bracing it up before putting in the next lift and this labourer whos worked with scaffs for 6 years was standing there puzzled and wanted/needed an explanation that it wasnt the end of the world and everything would be ok , lol

Have seen it before off of waist height handrail every set of legs braced, it was so they could move a wheel barrow around the scaffold which was a mile long with 38 returns, it was up for a year in a crap part of ealing with bird dodo a foot thick in places

Ive seen it off a 10ft Lift before... they braced from the top handrail to the inside Ledger - Double to Double.

Im not a fan, but then again, its probably easier to walk along the Scaffold with the Braces like that, lol.

You just said what I thought J. Must be for access. Ill get some pic's .

Not sure Frederik but a few years back the health and safety officer on one site asked us to do it so the brickies could barrow round the job easier. At the time he was part of some commitee or other with the nasc and we were not a member company at the time so we did it and it worked well, then they changed it to removing 2 lifts of bracing then they stopped that and now it's all loading bay's and the brickies just have to get on with it. I was always told 300mm or thereby was your maximum from a node point but things are changing all the time with designers able to use all sorts of brace patterns to achieve what they need.

Surely i remember from my part 1 days it been 300mm within the node point.
Although any job complex enough to require ledger bracing would probably require a design in today's world

Have u every seen beams put under the aberdeens/pinchrods on doubles. I have done that before on temporary roofs with tall apex's maybe they should make that mandatory for unbraced lifts as it really works just cost alot i suppose

Top hand rail doubble standard ....node point or is there a maximum between 1 brace and another brace ay 600mm appart reason i sya 600 ius as if the maximum from a node point is 300 1st lift 300 below 2nd lift 300 above ar is it a case as long as therer is 1 in every lift dnt matter as long as its 300mm from a node???

Not entirely sure I understood the question scaff, just keep banging them in every alternate standard till someone tells you different and you will not be far away.

Top hand rail doubble standard ....node point or is there a maximum between 1 brace and another brace ay 600mm appart reason i sya 600 ius as if the maximum from a node point is 300 1st lift 300 below 2nd lift 300 above ar is it a case as long as therer is 1 in every lift dnt matter as long as its 300mm from a node???

:confused: as i was always under the asumption that a hand rail counted as a ledger as otherwise all the scaffolds i have built with lifts more than two metres lifts are illegal.

IAYE I DO AND EVEN AFTER YA ADVISE ON GATE TOGATE ITS GATE AND ABOUT FI TI WERE TO COME OFF....YA CAN TELL MY JOBS BY EVERYTHING GATE TO GATE AND SOLEYS SAME WAY ROUND:cool: ...REST OF ITS A SHAMBLES BUT BIT AT STAQRT AND BIT IN THE MIDDLE ALL GOOD LOL WHEN THEY SAID THEY HAD COME OFF THE HAND RAIL ... HANDRAIL BEEN ON DOUBBLES AND NEXT TO A STANDARD THAT MAKE IT A NOSDE POINT. BUT NOT ONLY THAT I WAS UNSER THE IMPRESION THEY HAD TO ZIG ZAG IN TUBE AND SAME WAY IN SYSTEM AND IF OFF THE HAND RAIL YOU COULDENT ZIG ZAG IT COULD YOU? UNLESS YA HAD INSIDE HAND RIAL. OK SO THE HAND RAILS A BAW HEIGHT :laugh: UNDER NEATH THAT LIFT THE BRACE IS 300MM BEL;LOW THE LEDGER THAT MAKE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE BRACES AT LEAST 1300MM IIF YTA GET ME IS THERE A MAXIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TOP SWIVEL/DOUBBLE OF 1 BRACE AND THE BOTTOM SWIVEL / DOUBBLE OF ANOTHER ?

You are a good man scaff1989, if you ever want a working holiday to give you a taste of another firm give me a shout I think I would enjoy putting a job up with you before you hit the big time, you have asked me more questions than boy's that have worked with me for 3 years. I especially like your soly's gong the same way and brace gate to gate, some might not notice but the men that count will.

First thing is tubing brace doesn't have to zig zag or dog leg as we call it, it can be all the same way depending on how you see the job. There is a few threads on it and a few think it goes in at the bottom and out every lift above that or is it the other way round but the truth of the matter it doesn't matter a jot.

The 300mm node point thing is to accommodate the toe board on a working lift that's why we brace double at the standard to swivel at the bottom, for more specifics than that I would need to check tg20 to be sure.

ILL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT OFFER SOMETIME MARRA WONT BE THIS YEAR (UNLESS I JUMP) LOL AS THE CANTS ONYL LEFT ME WITH 1 WEEKS HOLS HASNT HE LOL. :mad:

Make sure you do. I will pay you digs.;)

lol digs nd travel and i might think about it lol ahah i weel have to see how the other half live at some point if only ya could come to this frim and see lol

I have seen enough of firms like that in my time but maybe you will think we are no different, could be interesting.

the discrepancy over how to brace scaffolds is one that i have enjoyed observing and listening to people discuss for years , as well as the ayrshire reel that so many people use but cant pronounce the actual word

ya a good man marra and i very much dout that your spot is anything like this think out of the 10 firn around here theres 1 that dnot whip you and i think that speaks volumes as there now on site nd branching in to industriall services the lads work ahard form them maby take longer but eveyr jobs spot on tidy all in overall harnesed up and yeah there nasc to 2 bro are on there atm well yan there blue eye and the other doing well made coordanator for them last week dont know how as he loves working for about 32 3 mounths then just jacks it off and sit and w8 to get another job and then repeats it u not got a website aom marra

Top Bottom