layher tube and clamp- boxed wedges

pollykook

Reaction score
The company I work for uses all around and layher tube and clamp. nothing peeves me more than wasting time on a boxed in wedge.(O.K, asshats in big pick- up trucks on the drive home, but that's another story ) so, i'm trying to come up with a modified slide hammer to speed up the process. question is, how much force to apply? how much force does a 20 oz hammer kinetically produce ? is there a formula? i want to make this tool as light as i can, small enough to fit on my belt and efficient enough to only need a couple of pulls to loosen that (beetch) wedge up. any suggestions?

in advance,thanx a mill!

That's a magic question and one where I have absolutely no idea the answer too but another defence when the half witts ask me about torquing the fittings with an IW.

Excuse my ignorance if this is of no help whatsoever but would this not be enough?

Priory Scaffolders Podger Hammer

or u could use on of these!

PRIORY Cuplock/Kwikst​age Systems Scaffold Hammer, 341 there on ebay, dunno how to get link up so jus type that in pal.

Have you tried a roofers hammer, spike goes in the wedge hole

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0002JT0B4/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550948509&ref=asc_df_B0002JT0B4]Estwing E239mm Roofers Pick Hammer - Leather Grip: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

thanks for the suggestions guys, they are most welcomed. i will try them out. i've only heard tell of a scaffolders hammer, most just use the framming sort, although i'm not sure why. right tool for the job? you'd think. as for the podger, i've never seen ,nor heard tell of it b4 now. but i can see how it could be the thing to do the trick. most of us have befriended a welder who cuts out a wedge inthe handle of our thumb wrenches. ha HA

Top Bottom