lamp post tie

dangeruss

Reaction score
Saw this little beauty today, my question is what is the wwl of a standard street lamp post.When tieing scaffolds into street furniture is it mandatory to highlight the tie tubes with red and white bunting tape. Also which part of TG20:08 covers lamp post ties ?

Oh yea, one more thing, when using cuplock tied into lamp posts is it ok to omit the internal braces ( scaffolds over 4 lifts ) ???

Attachments

• ssw 002.jpg
    ssw 002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 174
  • ssw 003.jpg
    ssw 003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
dodgy ties

i once tied a gable job for rendering with a box tie on a tree. anbody do worse than that?

Seems a bit of a mishmash anyway Dangeruss, System with T'nF thrown in. Thought systems werent to be mixed.!!! That is an unusual tie tho,only one side being of any use. Its got butts stopping it from going in.

There's a tube just below tie,at a funny angle,is this thru a ring tie?? Standards in the way.

Theres some proper slashers about... was the job in Middlesboro? Just looks like the kind of stuff those boys do... :D
Only joking, Boro Scaffs make pretty decent Labourers. :p

the lights for the night shift workers,to paint,mind the touch points tho lol
:nuts:

Saw this little beauty today, my question is what is the wwl of a standard street lamp post.When tieing scaffolds into street furniture is it mandatory to highlight the tie tubes with red and white bunting tape. Also which part of TG20:08 covers lamp post ties ?

Oh yea, one more thing, when using cuplock tied into lamp posts is it ok to omit the internal braces ( scaffolds over 4 lifts ) ???

I think its OK but assuming there is another Lamp Post at the other end I would always take the precaution of plan bracing the structure between them:eek:

is there not a hilti tie hiding behind it... that odd tube off on the piss next to it...?
I thought i was a drainage pipe at first.. anyway... client could of requested use of the scaffold to secure the lampost due to works on the ground etc...

Last edited:
Rope tie to six inch nail

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334399489.776372.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334399489.776372.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 45
Another quality tie...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 35
Right way up this time!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 39
In the 60`s all jobs were tied in like that, the only difference was the drain pipes were cast iron not plastic

i once tied a gable job for rendering with a box tie on a tree. anbody do worse than that?

I think someone posted a picture of it.:eek:

An all too common site round these parts Dangeruss, string and all sorts round chimney heads and down pipes. I assumed the angled butts were being used to push the job back in an attempt to stiffen it.

This the one mate?

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
haha, brilliant. That was it, do you think the pin in the middle will hold that branch?:laugh:

Top Bottom