laing o rourkes????? anyone worked for em?

Bob if there offering you your tickets just be carefull its not your ticket for handrails only. I knew two lads that jumped ship cos they were promised their tickets and good ££££ but their tickets were for handrails only, least to say they were fuucked off.

Better watch its not your shovel handling ticket. With a day course in puddle sweeping. :nuts:

Years ago I worked for McDermots which is a similar set up to Laings,I was on my own just doing the handrails and staircases as the floors went up,they too expected me to muck in when there was no scaffolding to be done,I have to say I didn't really mind it cos I got to learn the basics of other trades,I learnt the different ties the steel fixers used,learnt a bit about how to set out for concreting floors etc etc,weren't actually that bad at all,the only reason I left was cos a new crazy paddy site foreman came on the job and treated people like dogs,weren't putting up with that grabbed my tools and left.

Update lads I've got a start on the 7th if I want it its only for 3 weeks at becton then into the city think ur right about handrails boys as I'm working with the supervisor lol ( which I hope not fooking hate boring work much much rather be busy )£££ as it stands there only offering £140 for a 10hr shift but I'm expecting a call back on that so as it stands Ill take it but also had a nice chat with someone on alandale and want me to call back on the 2nd so futures bright lads

Good luck with it all and you always find a better job when you are in work already.

That's spot on imk always the way next year will be a good year for all I think I mean if a thick can't like me can get a start lol

Well done Bobby, onwards and upwards.

Thank you al I'm not for certain decided on laings because of alandale but either way pukka news just before xmas can't beat it

Top Bottom