ladders in ladder tower

timthumb

Reaction score
ive always preferred single lift ladders on top of each other again instructor today said either ends of the tower
i always mocked that way ( admitedly no ladder hatchs in those days )

what is the best way ?

As HSWT say's, stair access should be at the top of the hierarchy of control measures for access then followed closely by single lift ladders. I have always fitted them on top of one another simply to make them walk round the gap formed and also when coming down you are coming down on a solid platform. As you say we know have ladder hatches but on my sites they never seem to be in the closed position except on hand-over. I would still fit them the same way, hatches or not.

Yeah.good old 35 rung ladders for access up a scaffold. Last thing you want when on a price is loads of ladder access lifts.
Saying that though, when erecting FBL's in my later years scaffolding, I used to prefer 1 lift ladders, so all the gear was the same and as aom said the walk around was best.
When on a price I used to argue on getting a seperate access tower on top of the squarage..sometimes got and sometimes not. lol

9m max between landings ................
AOM the safety man said the ladder could kick in if on top each other his reasoning .........

i do like a staircase though as we get reasonable money to build them more so than the main lift

i ya can use them massive ladders still but was told if possible use 2 lifter when ever possible regardless of height

AOM the safety man said the ladder could kick in if on top each other his reasoning .........

i do like a staircase though as we get reasonable money to build them more so than the main lift

How could it kick in? I don't get that one, single ladder tied at the hand rail and also off an under sling on the ledger. If that kick's in anywhere I will eat my hat.

sounds like someones been in the schoolyard too long - a single clip off the handrail or tieing one of the stiles to both secure and stop the slip is the normal cure,but lets face it if the ladder is secured at the top and at the corect rake then it would be impossible to move or kick it forward,sounds like he's talking bllocks to make himself sound like he knows all the answers

it was in the yard and another nasc audit give away was mud in the end of tubes indicating bombing
answer " fair cop guv "

Answer, muddy site pal no bombing allowed on our firm.:noworry:

Who likes to fasten the 3m metal ladders on singles? I mean the ladders with the 50mm diameter stiles so the clip is actually fastening the ladder (not like the old school wooden ladder-single pinch tie trick)
I have also put 3m ladders on top of each other and have used swinging gates which close against the bottom of the next lift ladder.
When using 9m ladders internally through a 5 boards wide independent (every lift boarded) its very hard to achieve the 1 in 4 ratio which can also add a plus to the single lift ladders

Can you believe someone is selling a bead with setting the angle of the ladder as one of it's many uses. If I thought the hand rail height measurers were annoying this is really going to send me into orbit.:huh:

on a ten metre ladder i actually place cupholders halfway up next to a sideboard for beverages snacks etc,,,square lashing,clove hitch and defo lashed top and bottom;)

on any ladder outside of the scaffold , i put a handrail up the ladder if bigger than 3 metres , i think this should be law , the ladder is becoming the only place where an accident can happen , too many people carrying things up 5metre ladders , and when i see scaffs leaving jobs with 4 and 5 metere ladders outside the scaffold , i think its lazy and dangerous

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

in fact get them on 3m ladders as well

Top Bottom