Ive got my lorry

big john

Reaction score
I drove to maidstone kent yesterday from cornwall and got myself an iveco eurocargo 2004,the chap i got it from is narrowing the bed to 88 inches and cutting the length down from 20 foot to 18 foot,i can pick it up next week
Its all happening now :eek::weird::blink1:

Well done Big John, why reduce the length?

That is a strange thing to do, are you sure you're a scaff?

I thought that, I know he has to clear narrow streets but a 21 is still 21.

We allways use 18ft beds shorter wheelbase

All sorts of problems from the boys in blue about overhanging the load though. Our wee truck has a 22 ft ally platform on it.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Anyway, big John is just cutting the bed not the wheel base. Can't see the benefit myself.

I thought that, I know he has to clear narrow streets but a 21 is still 21.

With a shorter bed you have got more room to swing the lorry round,a 21 is still a 21 but they are in the middle of the bed which allows another 2 foot to play with either side

FFS John where are you operating the foot hills of Northern China?:eek:

Naw, fair enough if that's what you need.

FFS John where are you operating the foot hills of Northern China?:eek:

Naw, fair enough if that's what you need.

Hahaha cornish fishing villages,fowey,mevagissey,polruan,looe etc,all built for horse and cart,nitemare places

John,
Would you not have been better off with a sprinter pick up if the streets are that narrow?

Hahaha cornish fishing villages,fowey,mevagissey,polruan,looe etc,all built for horse and cart,nitemare places

FFS I thought we had cornered the market on daft names John but obviously not. Do you ever bump into Ragscaff down that way?

Aye, if you ever tried driving down through Cadgwith (any of you see the Fisherman's Apprentice, Wednesdays BBC2 - very interesting but thats where I spent my summer holidays for years as a child), you'd know about twisty, turny, narrow hills and lanes!

Christ I get a 26ft 18ton lorry in & out of all ports in Cornwall. Even the one on Doctor Martin!!

Just take a road closed sign with me.

Thats the way I roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragscaff

Sounds a lot like Aom, didn't manage to bring all the paint home but near enough.:amuse:

Have you ran into John on your travels down there Stuart?

No not yet, tried to contact him & let him know what the score is but as yet no reply.

£6 a linear metre in some paces in Cornwall most banks would laugh at any business plan, John must have found a good one.

Most people start with a half back & work up to a lorry.

Good luck to him but St Austell has the most scaffold firms in Cornwall so it will be difficult.

Ragscaff

Top Bottom