It's arrived

Doing a bit of work with Aom at the moment. Him & another lad on here use them & I've gotta say they're pretty quick but bloody noisy. No more noisy than erecting system with big fooking hammers I suppose. I can see the H&S police jumping all over them soon though. :eek:

perhaps there invent a hilti grinder that fits in your belt for the fittings that have been overtightened weathered jobs that have been up for ages fair enough they cant be helped!! but over doing the nuts theres no need for it why do some people do there fittings so tight!!!

disco---perhaps it because they are not told in the Tool Box Talk, Safe System of Work or Method Statement of how to apply a Fitting...

Attachments

• Scaffolding Procedures.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 15
lets be honnest when either of us scaffolders comes a cross a scaffold thats needs to be dismantled and the fittings have been over tightened exspecially a large lump!!! at the end of the shift your wrist and elbows know theve been abused

Better tight than loose.

Theres a Paddy has a session with a jewish prostitute,
Afterwards. She says 'Youre not very thik for a paddy'
Paddy replys 'And youre not very tight for a jew.'

2 squeeks job done.

Is it powerful enough for a final tighten-up, or do you still need the spanner for the 'last turn'?
Just curious.

like when using ur spanner after years of feeling the fitting u know when enoughs,enough...same thing wiv the maks only u can hear it as well, so if it doesn't feel/sound right then chances are u need to change the battery or have a fuucked fitting

I have one of these , the siw14a is so much better than the previous model (siw144a) battery life is much better , 3 torque settings an slimmer , I wouldn't go back an that's after 30 years on the tools

must be good after 30 years either that or you got shares

lets be honnest when either of us scaffolders comes a cross a scaffold thats needs to be dismantled and the fittings have been over tightened exspecially a large lump!!! at the end of the shift your wrist and elbows know theve been abused

There was one tit at the last place I worked who practically welded the fittings together by ovrtightening them. Went to strip one of his jobs & was able to hang my fat 15.7 stone ass off me spanner on a fooking TOE BOARD fitting. We were shagged by the time the job was down. :mad:

There was one tit at the last place I worked who practically welded the fittings together by ovrtightening them. Went to strip one of his jobs & was able to hang my fat 15.7 stone ass off me spanner on a fooking TOE BOARD fitting. We were shagged by the time the job was down. :mad:
Bet you gave him GBH on the earhole after that.
Just out of curiosity, how much would a gizmo like this hilti-drill cost,+battery's?

Top Bottom