Is there a users guide/manual for T&F

frederik

Reaction score
Whenever a system is used,or breaks down,you will often hear,"did you follow the manual" or are you trained.
So when tube and fittings was first invented,did a manual come with it??

Should imagine we were supposed to work to bs5973 but don't know whether there was a user guide to it

Mr champion then BS 5973 now TG 20

Instructor,

Was there a guidance to BS 5973 so layman could understand it like TG20? Or should i say the layamn was 'supposed' to be able to understand!

Instructor,

Was there a guidance to BS 5973 so layman could understand it like TG20? Or should i say the layamn was 'supposed' to be able to understand!

No, that's why tg20 came as such a shock.

Hswt - are u reffering to the little yellow book

all scaffold is tested to bsen standards and there is no mannual for scaffolding as such to my knowledge you got technical guidance(TG) and you got scaffolding guidance(sg)

There's a book called a guide to practical scaffolding,it's a citb book no.ce 509,it's as close as i think you'll get fred,pre tg20 so you'd need to add you're own technichal guide and safety guide;)

I have a copy of the Construction (Working Places) Regs 1966 S.I.1966 No 94 which contains some references to Scaffolding: it includes, Handrails, Bracing interestingly it shows the continous Facebrace as I was taught, nothing new there.
Boarding, suspended scaffolds bosuns chairs, trestle scaffolds, but the bit I dislike says Simple Scaffolds cheeky Beggars nothing simple in this game.

Can you put it on here Toppers? It would be interesting to see.

Basing out,pre tg20

Attachments

• iphone 061.jpg
    iphone 061.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 30
  • iphone 062.jpg
    iphone 062.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 28
  • iphone 063.jpg
    iphone 063.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom