is the forum dying

Allan mate
The Forum is growing not dying, there is so much knowledge already contained within the threads and posts, it is actually very hard to ask or post a thread that hasnt already been posted.

For example, a few month ago, there was a thread about the dangers of fire risk on Timber framed housing, and the impact that could befall us. BBC news 7.00am this morning Fires within the Timber framed housing industry.

No doubt mate, when and if there is a immediate or enquiry that will help a Scaffolder overcome a problem that maybe they took a different angle towards, the consensus and compamionship of this Forum is here on there behalf.

I have not worked all over the place, i am not a Industrial Gypsy, however, through this Forum, i now have Scaff friends throughout the UK and even further afield.

Scaffs United.

Regards
Paddy

i dont think its dying,just people looking for work maybe.a lot of firms near me have gone under lately.

Me thinks who ever thought of the forum had a great idea,Its just a shame it was,nt a few years ago,The scaffold Industry would,nt be ripping its own off.

Its dying Paddy.

Andy mate
Would you like to further your obsererance and enlighten us all, as to why and when is the Scaffolders Forum, dying, when we now have nearly 3,000 members.

Even if the Stalwarts of SF were not in attendance, the information is there for all to see.

wikipedia and google provide the required info to there clientele, without having to have on-line help as the info is there mate.

Scaffolders Forum is there, Info there, plus a friendly chat with fellow scaffs available.

If scaffs want to join a cause to air their views there is also the option to join the SCCR.

So Andy why the negative attitude? surely if this Forum was dying, you would of already jumped ship.

I look forward to your response mate, maybe it is me that is missing the bigger picture.:eek:

its one of the best things associated with scafolding to happen for years,the forum is in its infancy and therefor has much growing to do.who knows what will evolve from this cosa nostra[this little thing of ours]viva the forum and all who champion her.

Allan mate
The Forum is growing not dying, there is so much knowledge already contained within the threads and posts, it is actually very hard to ask or post a thread that hasnt already been posted.

For example, a few month ago, there was a thread about the dangers of fire risk on Timber framed housing, and the impact that could befall us. BBC news 7.00am this morning Fires within the Timber framed housing industry.

No doubt mate, when and if there is a immediate or enquiry that will help a Scaffolder overcome a problem that maybe they took a different angle towards, the consensus and compamionship of this Forum is here on there behalf.

I have not worked all over the place, i am not a Industrial Gypsy, however, through this Forum, i now have Scaff friends throughout the UK and even further afield.

Scaffs United.

Regards
Paddy

Couldn't agree more Paddy. I probably spend more time researching old threads as I do the new ones as there is such a wealth of information on this forum. I wouldn't like to be the one to do it but it would be great if it was all neatly filed and headed so it could be retrieved easily. Some weeks the forum can be quiet but we all have lives and jobs and families, this is not face-book but one thing is certain not only is the forum not dying but on the verge of making inroads to helping fellow scaffs who are in danger of losing their ability to earn and provide for their families through no fault of their own. Mon The Scaffs.

there have been less and less new threads lately . has everything been covered ? come on new threads to help pass my boring drunken life. :cry:

allan your right mate its been quite if you dont get the usual lads its quiet so come on dont be shy we all love a good new thread.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Andy mate
Would you like to further your obsererance and enlighten us all, as to why and when is the Scaffolders Forum, dying, when we now have nearly 3,000 members.

Even if the Stalwarts of SF were not in attendance, the information is there for all to see.

wikipedia and google provide the required info to there clientele, without having to have on-line help as the info is there mate.

Scaffolders Forum is there, Info there, plus a friendly chat with fellow scaffs available.

If scaffs want to join a cause to air their views there is also the option to join the SCCR.

So Andy why the negative attitude? surely if this Forum was dying, you would of already jumped ship.

I look forward to your response mate, maybe it is me that is missing the bigger picture.:eek:

fresh threads come on lads bring it back to life, sorry but it has been quite.

wish i knew how to open 1,am thick,only just found out how to delete messages,doh

This industry has needed a forum or trade publication for years , hopefully its not dying or il have to start goin to the pub again every night

down your manor yesterday scaffy.cant believe how hard it is to get parked.pop in the olde white rock for a few then hit the arcades.like a big kid yesterday.plenty of scaffolding up down there m8.

yes mate well busy down in Astings at the sec !

id like to think the forum be around for a very long time to come,as a useful tool for all the scaffolding family.dont think its got the power to keep me out the pub.............just yet.

With the amount of subjects covered already on the forum its sometimes hard to find a new subject that hasn't been done, an while researching to see if a subjects been done I usually find threads i hadn't noticed and end up forgetting my original purpose, add that to Most ever members online was 299 only 3 days ago i don't think its about to pop its clogs just yet

The problem with forums is getting the members to contribute. There are plenty of members who read the forums but never post. Some became members in order to view all the threads, especially the Job one. That's fine as we all have our own comfort zones.

Having read this thread though, I gotta say... Allan66 and Andygobbins... it's a little harsh saying the forum is dying when you hardly contribute OR make new threads!!:blink1:

IMO, you'll always get members that post lots, have more ready access to a PC and just contribute more... many forums depend on a nucleus of active posters.

Unfortunately, I'm not a scaffolder, so I can't start many threads - lol maybe I will though and I'll count on you guys to join in!

The problem with forums is getting the members to contribute. There are plenty of members who read the forums but never post. Some became members in order to view all the threads, especially the Job one. That's fine as we all have our own comfort zones.

I think your right regarding the number of members who don't post regardless of what other's say there is a few spies on this forum.:mad:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get me.:suspicious::D

Top Bottom