Is it the end of the 21?

wow, what next, we cant use timber brds due to splinters, any scaff grummbling about the size of tube they have to carry are in the wrong game.

Im so sick of splinters, that im going to ask my boss for plastic boards.

I didnt become a Scaffolder, so i could die from a poisoned splinter... I become one so i could drive about in a lorry with cut down jeans, a white vest and a head band and NOT look gay!

Have u asked matt walker fat face onslow
Or max wan gok garner ???

:)

21s are good for baseing out on roofers and small builders jobs back and front ...but 16s for big jobs what we do save the boys hemping all day and getting pissed off just make sure labour can carry more the one 5ft :):) :nuts:

its a definite! this guy recieved a letter with his wages on friday saying that due to an accident involving a spicket and 21 they are withdrawing all 21s and spickets from monday!

An accident with a pin and a 21? I get funny looks when I refuse to top a pin with a 21.... I just don't trust it. Don't like using pins for anything really.

I first heard back in the 60's that hemping 21's was going to be banned, from some old buggers on a job for Mills (I reckon they were just lazy, 'cos it never happened).......and personally I've always found 21 useful .....(has anyone ever tried doing up those old 1/2 inch Mills Sleeves ? )......the less Sleeves, the better, for many reasons.

Anyway, here's one of the funniest things I ever saw on a Scaffold..... The Boy and me were erecting a job on some mansions in Hammersmith, probably about 10 lifts..........well, we based one out and put a couple of lifts on and we were asked if we would mind starting on the next one as the boss was taking on an unknown gang......so okay, no problem.......

Well, the new gang arrived to carry on where we had left off.......and they need to hemp up.......so what did they hemp with?.......8's......I kid you not :laugh:

So the guvnor turns up to check them out :eek:......."What the fukk have you hemped with there?" says he :mad: "Get that the fukk off and hemp longuns!"

Now comes the really funny bit.....(there were 3 of them in the gang).....one of them stands up a long and there are two on the lift........the two on the lift pull it up between them and are holding it upright on the boards............they then proceed (both of them) to try and hemp it :amazed:

It was only a low scarf but they teetered about holding this 21 between them trying to get it in the sleeve...................I say to the Boy, "fukkin 'ell, they are going to fall off!".............but somehow they got it in but as I recall, they didn't last very long......

Ive only used 16ft boards once.

I didnt know until i started chaining them down from the guy above me and it seemed i was chaining the same board down 15 minutes later, lol.

Proper long, they seem.

I first heard back in the 60's that hemping 21's was going to be banned, from some old buggers on a job for Mills (I reckon they were just lazy, 'cos it never happened).......and personally I've always found 21 useful .....(has anyone ever tried doing up those old 1/2 inch Mills Sleeves ? )......the less Sleeves, the better, for many reasons.

Anyway, here's one of the funniest things I ever saw on a Scaffold..... The Boy and me were erecting a job on some mansions in Hammersmith, probably about 10 lifts..........well, we based one out and put a couple of lifts on and we were asked if we would mind starting on the next one as the boss was taking on an unknown gang......so okay, no problem.......

Well, the new gang arrived to carry on where we had left off.......and they need to hemp up.......so what did they hemp with?.......8's......I kid you not :laugh:

So the guvnor turns up to check them out :eek:......."What the fukk have you hemped with there?" says he :mad: "Get that the fukk off and hemp longuns!"

Now comes the really funny bit.....(there were 3 of them in the gang).....one of them stands up a long and there are two on the lift........the two on the lift pull it up between them and are holding it upright on the boards............they then proceed (both of them) to try and hemp it

It was only a low scarf but they teetered about holding this 21 between them trying to get it in the sleeve...................I say to the Boy, "fukkin 'ell, they are going to fall off!".............but somehow they got it in but as I recall, they didn't last very long......

It wasn't Tomasz and Peter the Polish lads by any chance was it as you have just described exactly what I saw on an Ardmore job a couple of years back :laugh:

Polish 'Scaffolders' on an Ardmore job?
Thats so surprising...

I wonder if the gaffer was a paddy also?
Is it worth a bet?

Top Bottom