Is it me !

I thought it was bad enough that you have to have 6 months left on a passport these days (what is an expiry date then?!) but 2 years sounds very excessive... Might as well just sit there ad infinitum re-doing, re-doing, re-doing!

Good luck with the course anyway :)

They have even done away with the 6 months on your passport now, as long as in its date on your expected return, its ok

The vast majority of countries outside the EU won't let you in unless you have 6 months plus left on your passport

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

The majority of countries outside the EU won't let you in unless you have over 6 months left

Faced that problem last year but passport office in Peterboro issued it within 2 hours of waiting after attending my Appointment which must be booked 2 weeks in advance of intended visit.

More costly in speed issue but no disappointments,except I was told the 6 months still running would be added onto new passport,when I checked no it was 10 years only..

Mine ran out in June of this year and I am going away next month so had to re-new. You can do that up to 9 months in advance and they add it on... which they did. Only took 5 days from sending off to having it returned.

Probably depends where you're going as to how fussy about the date they may be, but I'd sooner not take the chance.

Top Bottom