Is it me !

dangeruss

Reaction score
So I'm going on a scaffolding inspection course. My CISRS card expires in February 2015. Safety and access ring me to tell me I need a current ( within two years) health and safety touch screen test. I call the booking company and get through to Lisa, the conversation goes like this.

Me ---Why do I need to book another test if my card doesn't expire until February 2015

Lisa----Because your not competent to do a course without it.

Me---Ok ,I'm not going to argue, what test do I need bearing in mind I have an Advanced scaffolding card, and a CSCS supervisors card and a CISRS supervisors card ? (cant remember which I took before)

Lisa--- I'm sorry I don't know, Ill put you on hold ( this is the person who just told me I wasn't competent)

Waiting.....Waiting....Waiting....waiting..... Hello my name is Paul, how can I help you today ?

Me---I want to book a test Paul

Paul---I can do that for you, what test do you need ?

Me---I don't know Paul,what test do I need bearing in mind I have an Advanced scaffolding card, and a CSCS supervisors card and a CISRS supervisors card ?

Paul---I'm sorry sir, you'll have to tell me

Me---But I don't know, what tests can I take ?

Small silent moment, followed by a long list

Me-- Ok ,I'll take the working at height test Paul I haven't got all day

Paul---What language do you want the test in ?

Me---Take a guess Paul, bearing in mind I'm speaking to you in English.

Paul---I don't know sir , you'll have to tell me ?

Me---Its English Paul, like I'm speaking to you in now.

Paul---Do you need wheelchair access into the test centre sir ?

Me--- What do you think Paul, bearing in mind I'm taking a working at height test !
Paul--- I don't know sir you'll have to tell me.

A moment passes whilst I recover from my laughing fit...

Me---In English, no wheelchair access Paul.

And so it continued until I paid and hung up.

Sounds like a complete and utter twwat of a jobs worth. I would wind him up even more bt saying i wsnt the test in urdu, yes i require wheelchair access and i also want the test in brail and when he said how do you wish to pay, i would've replied in sexual favours......bet he would of hung up before you russ

haha, made me laugh that one, bureaucracy will be the death of us all one day.

I thought you would have been more annoyed about needing 2 years of your card left to sit any course, what's all that about? I know thems the rules but does anyone actually know why? I had a similar problem when one of the boys went for his advanced but that mob took the booking then informed me he needed another touch screen to get his ticket. (I will need to sort that one actually)

One other thing, I know one or two on here do the work at height test but we just do the basic operators test.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

What other languages can you do the test in?
Last time I was there English was the only language used in the construction/oil/gas industry

Your joking, you can get it in Urdu if you like.

Well obviously not in "common sense" anyway
I hope you told Paul that you spell your name with 2 S's ?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

I thought you would have been more annoyed about needing 2 years of your card left to sit any course, what's all that about? I know thems the rules but does anyone actually know why? I had a similar problem when one of the boys went for his advanced but that mob took the booking then informed me he needed another touch screen to get his ticket. (I will need to sort that one actually)

One other thing, I know one or two on here do the work at height test but we just do the basic operators test.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Are the inductions, tool box talks and safety signs all in different languages as well then?

More pictorial now to avoid confusion.

From what I've seen, there is at least one who can translate to the masses but to be honest it's more about diversity and inclusion these days.

Know how you feel !!!!

So I'm going on a scaffolding inspection course. My CISRS card expires in February 2015. Safety and access ring me to tell me I need a current ( within two years) health and safety touch screen test. I call the booking company and get through to Lisa, the conversation goes like this.

Me ---Why do I need to book another test if my card doesn't expire until February 2015

Lisa----Because your not competent to do a course without it.

Me---Ok ,I'm not going to argue, what test do I need bearing in mind I have an Advanced scaffolding card, and a CSCS supervisors card and a CISRS supervisors card ? (cant remember which I took before)

Lisa--- I'm sorry I don't know, Ill put you on hold ( this is the person who just told me I wasn't competent)

Waiting.....Waiting....Waiting....waiting..... Hello my name is Paul, how can I help you today ?

Me---I want to book a test Paul

Paul---I can do that for you, what test do you need ?

Me---I don't know Paul,what test do I need bearing in mind I have an Advanced scaffolding card, and a CSCS supervisors card and a CISRS supervisors card ?

Paul---I'm sorry sir, you'll have to tell me

Me---But I don't know, what tests can I take ?

Small silent moment, followed by a long list

Me-- Ok ,I'll take the working at height test Paul I haven't got all day

Paul---What language do you want the test in ?

Me---Take a guess Paul, bearing in mind I'm speaking to you in English.

Paul---I don't know sir , you'll have to tell me ?

Me---Its English Paul, like I'm speaking to you in now.

Paul---Do you need wheelchair access into the test centre sir ?

Me--- What do you think Paul, bearing in mind I'm taking a working at height test !
Paul--- I don't know sir you'll have to tell me.

A moment passes whilst I recover from my laughing fit...

Me---In English, no wheelchair access Paul.

And so it continued until I paid and hung up.

I went through the same thing and all i wanted was to update my photo ! They say we are not competent ? That's the cat calling the dog hairy arse !

The best bit, and the icing on the cake was when ...

Paul---You need to bring two pieces of id with your photo on them

Me---Oh , right , I'll bring my valid CISRS card with me

Paul---Sorry sir we cant accept those, it has to be something like a driving licence

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

According to Paul, you can do a course, but you cant be issued with your card until you have a current ( two years or less) touch screen test. Complete load of cock !

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I have a cscs supervisor as well as a cisrs supervisor that's why you have to do the working at height and not the operators test.

You're right it is a load of sh1te!
I had a start ready to go and my CSCS has just expired so I need to put it off till Monday till I go and pay and do the poxy thing yet again at the weekend.
Never mind the years of experience I have, I need to do a multiple choice test to make sure that you know not to stick your finger into an electrical junction box.
They put every F&ckin obstacle they can in front of you to stop you getting a day's work in.

Knew you'd pipe up sooner or later, Paul / Phil very similar, you don't do any moonlighting for the CSCS do you ?

It's a supervisor's card with a broad basis in H&S legislation so I don't see how the CSCS takes precedence.

Last edited:
Heh... wait til I tell you the story of my attempt to get an assessment booked... and how many times they lost my portfolio...... useless the lot of them.

Top Bottom