Inspection Techniques...

Evening
On this topic its all in the make as we speak.

I work on an FPSO Rig we have ballast tanks x 12 and the Procedure would be empty and flush all water per tank entry
Send in work party x 4 under BA and gas meter to ensure its gas free for next work party x 4 ,Rope access and DNV inspector to check for any defects on welding Node points,
This carry out every 2 years on 3 tanks at a time then the next 3 at 2 year intervals
We have had a small company for Aberdeen ,James Fisher ,Mini ROV
This was a success due to the fact of No positive isolations No Tank flushing and no work party requer for any entry .
All inspections in good order as per DNV report

This is just an example of new Drone technology it out there and money to be made
I know its getting away with the scaffold inspections ,but its all about maximizing profits for companies out in our line of work

In my earlier post I said that the first time I even saw a drone was offshore when they used one to inspect the flare tip and now you are saying they are using them to inspect tanks on a FPSO which I find pretty fascinating, I have also worked on FPSOs and if they are allowing them to do that it shows how far they have advanced in a relatively short period.

Top Bottom