Independent scaffolding need ties???

Minimum base height dimension for Scaffold, (Times the smallest base dimension, usually your transom length by the given factor)

(MUST BE UNCLAD. If its netted or sheeted, I'd get some design input to be on the safe side.)

Outside 2.5 (wind)
Inside 4 (No wind)

Works for all structures, (i.e Birdcages, Independents)

Doesn't that just apply for towers? If you do an independent round a house it has four ties per lift already in it.

Doesn't that just apply for towers? If you do an independent round a house it has four ties per lift already in it.

Structurally it does, However due to current Legislation a Return of a scaffold only has tying restraint over a single adjacent bay, This means it'll work a treat for narrow church towers and chimneys, However anything over a 6 meter run needs to be tied unless you plan brace it.

However that's just how I've read the rulebook.

In this current case, I'd just stick a few rakers in.

On a new build at what height does an independent scaffold need ties in? It's 3 to 4 lifts high and all 4 sides of a house.

The standard answer is on the second lift then tie every second standard. Rakers all the way on a new build preferable in pairs boxed off as you will more than likely have no trannies hitting the wall.

Top Bottom