If you had your own firm

Ive ran Proscaff for 8 Years and i rarely have any problems with the lads. all my guys are good lads and in return they get tret well. things like the working hours are 7-3, they can eat when they want to,goto caf, shops whatever and they dont take the **** and they get 8hrs. if they want overtime they can usually have it but i never force it and like i said they all good lads and cause me no problems.

But customers are the opposite, they cause headaches everyday and their hours are 24hrs they can ring when your asleep or when your getting it on with your missus hell you can be halfway getting through getting married and your answering the phone "hello proscaff, yer, yer i'll get that 5ft moved asap" they dont care about your problems but they want you to care when they cant pay. they want you there in 20 minutes but they dont want to pay you in 3 months. then you get the guys that ask for more discount " things are a bit tight can you do something for us" and half the time you feel obligated to help them (maybe thats just my bad) but often more than not i help. But getting paid is deffinatley the hardest thing, making sure the wages are there every week can be very hard.

Alot of people call scaffolders assholes but we got to be the easiest guys to work with, customers are just a PAIN.

oh yer and then your vans/trucks break down and its never one at a time they all come at once :)

when you open your own business it becomes your whole life, its on your mind 24 hrs a day, cant even get away from it in sleep, but now that my post/rant is over i can tell ya

i love it

Glad your still enjoying it Proscaff, myself I am not so sure. Good post though.

I admire you fellahs who endure the stress and strain of running a firm ,because without you. Numptys like me would not have a job

The ship is cruising away fine BF, yard is empty and I have had a few artic loads delivered since the holidays, but have now finished buying for a bit and am only working as hard as the jobs are ready to come down. You may be right though, I am thinking about other options.

Can't argue with good ideas like that Gary.;)

They are doing a few specials up my way over the winter, you should have a look at the Dunes course, see if you can't get a deal.

We will be up in June then turkey in sept plus a few over niters hear and there don't think the wife will stand much more .

Fair enough, I know what you mean, but one time you will have to be a bit more adventurous and try round my way, you wouldn't regret it.

I'm not at home but no sign of snow with us, think it's colder with you guys than it has been with us all winter to be honest.

Thats what ya get when you own the firm. Golf n booze. You still celebrating hogmaney Aom?? youve been missed lately. Especially by bf and marra, and you not being able to defend dispaging remarks in yur absence:laugh::laugh:

It's just like being at work Fred, when the cats away and all that.;)

Top Bottom