If you could go back?

No regrets ,made some lifelong mates + fantastic times would do it all again :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Would assume most of you lads are still on the spanners, STAY THERE!! dont go into supervisory or management position's. If you do then the fun and satisfaction will be taken away from you, you have been warned:unsure:
Best years of my life out on the spanners, oh how I want to turn the clock back

out of all the posts i have read on here this one is the best
to know you guys have a love of the job a passion and pride is and could be a real inspiration to all those comming into the game .
i have heard so many people with regrets about their working lives wishing they had changed or could change cos ive had a few diffrent jobs untill this one (even though i am no scaffolder)
its a special bunch of blokes that are know as Scaffolders
well done to one and all

Would assume most of you lads are still on the spanners, STAY THERE!! dont go into supervisory or management position's. If you do then the fun and satisfaction will be taken away from you, you have been warned:unsure:
Best years of my life out on the spanners, oh how I want to turn the clock back

I still had some fun and some great memories and incidents when I was in management.
Certainly being on the spanners can be more satisfying but I wouldnt change a thing about my chosen career. Might make a few different decisions about wives etc if had to do it all again.

out of all the posts i have read on here this one is the best
to know you guys have a love of the job a passion and pride is and could be a real inspiration to all those comming into the game .
i have heard so many people with regrets about their working lives wishing they had changed or could change cos ive had a few diffrent jobs untill this one (even though i am no scaffolder)
its a special bunch of blokes that are know as Scaffolders
well done to one and all

Aw, shucks.:embarrest:

I still had some fun and some great memories and incidents when I was in management.
Certainly being on the spanners can be more satisfying but I wouldnt change a thing about my chosen career. Might make a few different decisions about wives etc if had to do it all again.

So one can assume you are not in management any more:bigsmile:
Wives--- whats that? still on the first wive oh no its not wive its a wife 28 years
dont think there are many scaffs still on there first is there?
Come on lads prove me wrong

Sorry Spannerman, I am still with my childhood sweetheart.:love::love:

Wives--- whats that? still on the first wive oh no its not wive its a wife 28 years

Taking a break while I manage building my house here :D
Congratulations on picking the right one first time out!!!!

still with my hubby after 32 years mind you it took me 20 years of living with him raising our family befor i asked him to marry me he said yea out of shock and i marid him the same day proper suprise wedding only the vicar and me knew :love::love::love:

haha, sounds like the right way to do it but do they not call that entrapment over the pond?

Glad i did'nt walk by,just think i should've walked out and kept on walking about the 20 year mark,had some great craic over the years,decent wages too and memories that no other trade comes close too.
But the big 50 is fast approaching,so what the fec does a scaff with his ever increasing list of feced up body parts do then?
Maybe some rich retired scaff might put his feced up old hand in his pocket and open a retirement home fer ex-scaffs on a tropical island with young naked blondes serving cold ones all day while your watching the footy.:D

Yes Spannerman 32 Years Married To She Who Must Be Obeyed, (Holy Crap, You Dont Get That For Murder)

Im 21 not married but kept my other for just short of 5 years! hopefully its the one first time out too! :D

Yes Spannerman 32 Years Married To She Who Must Be Obeyed, (Holy Crap, You Dont Get That For Murder)

So how the feck did we all get away with it is the question?
In the good ole days pub at lunch, pub after work, darts nights in the pub, pool nights in the pub, weekends in the pub and your tea in the dog:D

Top Bottom