If you could go back?

CLARK9T

Reaction score
If you could go back to the time right before you turned into that scaff yard would you keep walkig straight on? With what you all know now about the industry and the way things have turned out jobs/money/job satisfaction wise would you still go for scaffolding? and if you were at that time again in 2012 would you be trying to get into scaffolding!?

As your tag line says, winners never quit and quitters never win. Scaffing for me all day long although if I could turn the clock back I might have stayed a lot smaller working for cash.:idea:

nowing then what i know now,i would have got into it earlier.best job int world,better times for craic on sites.

Started In 1978 No Regrets, And Would Do It All Again Tomorrow Might Do It Differently (Not Tell So Many Bosses To Shove There Job Up There Arse) But Would Do It All Again For Sure.

deffo go back the friends iv met and the money made were all worth it,id also warn sgb of their pending disaster at the hands of arsco.

I'd definitely do it again if I went back in time. But I don't honestly think I would consider it today.
The craic has been taken away from under our feet.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I think in the current climate I would train as an interpreter, loads of money and the opportunity to deport a few that have no right to be here.
Who's going to know if you get the translation slightly wrong?

with out a shadow of doubt i would go back and do it all again,started in 1963 when there was not alot of scaffs about,got away with murder ,worked everywhere met a lot of brilliant guys, and some not , earned good money and some bad ,had to go with the flow at times and bite the bullet,but in general it has been a good job for me and my family,but in recent yrs reading remarks from you guys on here and talking to guys from my own area , who are totally miffed at all the meddling with this card that card ,the bottom line is can you put scaffold up and take down in a safe manner,if not , get another job

No matter how many times I think this one through I cant think of any other job I would have wanted to do. Worked with all sorts of people from the length and breadth of this great land. Heros one and all. But it could have been worse - I might have become a brickie - Ugh!

No regrets for me,I've loved the 18 years ive put in,BUT,I'm not sure of letting my son go down the same road,there's easier ways to earn money

After 32 years doing this there is nothing i would change , met some great lads and made life long friends . Had some memorable times in my younger years on the pi ss with the lads
and some that are better not remembered lol .
There has been plenty days in the rain and blistering heat when i hated it but looking back they are what make you the man you are.
Only regret is you only get to do it once , how i would love to relive some of those days
time and time again ;)

no regrets , its a ticket , to wherever you have the balls to go

Really enjoyed it in my 20s but it's a young mans game. Unless u want to be fycked when ur older it would be a good ideA to learn something new like stacking shelves in b&q lol

av found so far in the game not only a couple of scaffs wanted to be scaff the rest just seem to fall in to it when they tried other jobs and eneded up scaffolding for what eever reason but no wouldent change it so far

I like that no one would go down a different career path! Im 21 and with no experience got told today Ill struggle finding any work with no experience, I told him I just need a chance to prove myself because I know Im worth employing. Left him with my CV, we shall see.

Go For It Kid Keep Trying, If I Had The Work And You Fancied The Move Up North Id Start You Tomorrow, Dont Give Up.

best part of scaffolding is when your on your way home lol!! its given me a good lifestyle even thou i have fook all now!!!! amazing where it goes the only time i hate scaffolding is when your aveing a bad day but we all have them!!!!

Top Bottom