I need help

sunny Balloch mate and as you say midgieland, beautiful place just a pity we don't really appreciate it a bit more, I blame that big red thing up in the sky don't see enough of it.
ta

I've certainly made up for not going out drinking at lunchtime myself, nowadays it's against the rules to refuse it

We used to use them years ago we called them top deck don't know if that was the real name. There was three different sizes of them small med large they were made of aluminium and the sides clipped off it and they had a little platform which clipped on then it was a ladder which you could extend with a fixed platform at the top dodgy as even with the outriggers on. The company I worked for was instant zip up hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

thanks mate but it really was a self contained unit, I'm going back to the drawing board to try and draw it better than my last effort

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure it was aluminium tube but not clipped together welded as one whole unit

you'll be right joe , I fitted hunurs o them over the years and just can't get them out of my head but try looking down into it after a wee bevy tonight it changes your outlook, watch you don't fall in

sunny Balloch mate and as you say midgieland, beautiful place just a pity we don't really appreciate it a bit more, I blame that big red thing up in the sky don't see enough of it.
ta

Worked there a few times when they did the chalets at Cameron House, think we got the boot when we got thrown out the local hotel. Round the Loch is crackin, just a pity there seems to be a few neds intent on spoiling it for a few. I suppose you have a good mix, country on your doorstep and City amenities not but a stones throw away.

it looks a bit like the podium steps
but in 1970??????
didn't think they had anything like that back then:nuts:

Worked there a few times when they did the chalets at Cameron House, think we got the boot when we got thrown out the local hotel. Round the Loch is crackin, just a pity there seems to be a few neds intent on spoiling it for a few. I suppose you have a good mix, country on your doorstep and City amenities not but a stones throw away.

Must be some throw you've got Al.:laugh:

Ha ha, you could hit the Erskine bridge with a double from Balloch main street. ;)

hi al a couple of mates of mine where on the Cameron house job thro' skavanska esp the ceramic tiler known as dot and dab

I need help (cont)

I know I'm in for a power of slagging here... one of the guys told to me to look up toys on ebay to get an idea of what I'm meaning. Although these pictures are on top of truck, that's the kind of idea of the scaffolding on a platform (not a truck platform). Thanks for everyone's feedback so far.

Attachments

• Image (5) (400x449).jpg
    Image (5) (400x449).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Image (4) (543x386).jpg
    Image (4) (543x386).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
I know I'm in for a power of slagging here... one of the guys told to me to look up toys on ebay to get an idea of what I'm meaning. Although these pictures are on top of truck, that's the kind of idea of the scaffolding on a platform (not a truck platform). Thanks for everyone's feedback so far.

Have a look at the thread mobile towers on the scaffolders forum pub, and you'll be pleasently surprised

Top Bottom