I need help

rc1967

Reaction score
Hi Guys , I'm trying to find a type of scaffold platform from way back in 1970.
I was injured when one of my journey men came back from a liquid lunch steaming drunk and decided to have some fun with me 20 to 30 feet up in this scaffold cradle. He lifted the outriggers and started swinging the platform around until it fell over with me in the cradle, I broke my elbow , damaged my knee and had an assortment of bumps and bruises but it could have been worse. I am trying to find this scaffold as part of a claim for Industrial injuries from the DWP and to prove that it would have been impossible NOT to injure my knee. The hospital had no record of the injured knee as they would not have recorded the injury unless it was a break, hence me having to prove the injury to my knee happened .
I have a poor attempt at drawing the platform from memory and hope one of your older guys may know what its called.
thanks
attachment sent

Attachments

• Image (3) (640x461).jpg
    Image (3) (640x461).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
What happened to the Nutter that was responsible for your injuries and was it a system (Prefabricated) scaffold or built with tube and fittings?

Or Rigger, they have at least 300yrs experience between them.:laugh::laugh:

but hswt is the worlds leading expert in towers.
Not a bad wee sketch rc, piccasso-esc.
take the centre tower and add the wheels,does that jog anything?

Best of luck with your search. To me it looks like a shoping trolley and a kitchen sink.

What happened to the Nutter that was responsible for your injuries and was it a system (Prefabricated) scaffold or built with tube and fittings?

The p_rick was suspended for a week thro' the old school system and yes it was definitely a prefab unit and taken tio jobs on the back of a flatbed lorry.
thanks

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

but hswt is the worlds leading expert in towers.
Not a bad wee sketch rc, piccasso-esc.
take the centre tower and add the wheels,does that jog anything?

Aye it had wheels about the size of a caravan wheel 16-18inch and I am ashamed by that sketch by the way

i was under the impression if an accident was over 4 years old its a void claim and you said your mate had a liquid lunch you telling me you sat in the van drinking tea while they was in the pub and if he was that bad why did you work with him classic case of no win no fee bellocks smell a buck everyones squeaky clean cant really see you getting anything at all especially when alcohol was involved as you mentioned
ps get well soon its only took you 44 years

The p_rick was suspended for a week thro' the old school system and yes it was definitely a prefab unit and taken tio jobs on the back of a flatbed lorry.
thanks

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Aye it had wheels about the size of a caravan wheel 16-18inch and I am ashamed by that sketch by the way

Don't be mate at least uve tried and have given something to go on I'm sure someone will find out for ya ;)

Sketch from memory is ok mate. A lot of the boys aint on tonight so tis thread may run a bit. Its a mobile tower anyway, I cant recall any attachments that would take a large wheel..... ... What was you doing on it??

You can get a payment made from the Department of work and pensions if you where injured at work and paying p a y e no matter how late it is since the accident , my own case is that I have had to stop working due to severe arthritis in the knees hips elbow shoulder which could have been the result of an injury 40 50 60 years ago, its not a lot but every bit helps as I went self employed in 1980 and get no money at all from the government and this is my only chance of getting at least this small payment.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

as an apprentice we did not go to the pub at lunch time . couldnae afford it

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

re fixing the ceiling in a school assembly hall and getting f'd about by journeymen

i was under the impression if an accident was over 4 years old its a void claim and you said your mate had a liquid lunch you telling me you sat in the van drinking tea while they was in the pub and if he was that bad why did you work with him classic case of no win no fee bellocks smell a buck everyones squeaky clean cant really see you getting anything at all especially when alcohol was involved as you mentioned
ps get well soon its only took you 44 years

F@ck sake SCC. Was it you that pushed him over?:laugh::laugh:

just cant see why its took so long to try and get money for an industrial injury the mind boggles this is an accident over 40 years ago

Iam not a claim merchant my self but you don't get arthritis over nite just saying.and the government want us to work longer all the little knocks we get over the years catch up with you later on in life .

Hi Guys , I'm trying to find a type of scaffold platform from way back in 1970.
I was injured when one of my journey men came back from a liquid lunch steaming drunk and decided to have some fun with me 20 to 30 feet up in this scaffold cradle. He lifted the outriggers and started swinging the platform around until it fell over with me in the cradle, I broke my elbow , damaged my knee and had an assortment of bumps and bruises but it could have been worse. I am trying to find this scaffold as part of a claim for Industrial injuries from the DWP and to prove that it would have been impossible NOT to injure my knee. The hospital had no record of the injured knee as they would not have recorded the injury unless it was a break, hence me having to prove the injury to my knee happened .
I have a poor attempt at drawing the platform from memory and hope one of your older guys may know what its called.
thanks
attachment sent

What company were you working for, the reason I ask if it was for one of the bigger scaffold companies from the 70s you might be able to narrow it down a bit. Ie Mills Bantam tower

no mate the thing is that I have to prove that the injuries that I got thro' the tower falling over have caused the arthritis to start my ongoing problems pure and simply as I said because the knee was not broken there where no records kept by the hospital, I now have to find the type of platform then get someone who can work out the sums of what injuries anyone would get from the fall while in an enclosed cage and what speed that it would hit the ground , all the techy stuff that health and safety do nowadays. again anyone who was on the books with any company during their working life are entitled to this benefit. check it out at gov.benefit/industrial injuries .
And if any of you guys are ever involved in any type of accident make sure its all down on the hospital /medical records cause that's what decides if you qualify or not basically. the more paperwork the better it seems.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Sorry guys , but to avoid any confusion I'm a joiner and a very good friend of mine who is one of your kind ..... BIG DAVIE FROM TOW LAW..... and now lives up here put me onto your web forum . I hope I'm not breaking any rules and assure you any help whatsoever will be greatly accepted and appreciated by myself.
thanks . ps I'm meeting the big man tomorrow if anyone want to say hallo

Last edited:
Think this might be a job for the professionals. You surely won't need to name the manufacturer, just the type?

I'm really trying to find the same platform to be able to show how it all happened and work out the fine print as to speed of fall , really clutching at straws you might say

Well good luck with it all. I could be wrong but I doubt that you will get closer than an alloy tower with outriggers from the information available. Do different towers fall at different rates?

I reckon that you would be better talking to someone who investigates these things for a living.

Where around Loch lomond you from? Nice place in the summer if they ever find a cure for the midge. :eek:

Top Bottom