hse tossers

The job of Health and saftey covers so many areas,I would suggest theres a shortfall of inspectors to cover the country. They could easily employ a few thousand more and fines would cover cost and rid us of cowboy operators in all fields. Scaffolding industry alone would benefit. Youve seen photo's posted on here. Thats the tip of the iceberg.

Perhaps if hse and saftey inpectors had followed up their repeated warnings on the state of MK scaffold with aprohibition notice,one man may still be with us today

About 6 months ago i phoned the HSE in Leeds to report one of the worst scaffolds i had seen in a long time, this scaffold was on a bank in the centre of Pudsey and in my eyes could have collapsed at any time, Leeds HSE informed me they did not have anybody in the area who was trained in scaffolding and they would inform the nearest relevant office which was Washington in the North East, after leaving my mobile number they said someone would contact me at a later date, im glad i did not hold my breath because up to now ive heard sweet jack sh1t

About 6 months ago i phoned the HSE in Leeds to report one of the worst scaffolds i had seen in a long time, this scaffold was on a bank in the centre of Pudsey and in my eyes could have collapsed at any time, Leeds HSE informed me they did not have anybody in the area who was trained in scaffolding and they would inform the nearest relevant office which was Washington in the North East, after leaving my mobile number they said someone would contact me at a later date, im glad i did not hold my breath because up to now ive heard sweet jack sh1t

they're all lazy tw@ts in washington:nuts:

The most important thing is that the obvious massive brown envelope given by said Scaffolding firm to the HSE Inspectors in that area did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do...

Make sure that the morons over at the HSE seem to YET AGAIN turn a blind eye to the real dangers in this game, like shiit Scaffolds and cowboy firms.
I guess they was too busy anyway making sure that people are wearing safety gloves and glasses in the rain. :rolleyes:

General

I always report poor scaffold structures,that are a danger to the public to the local council or highways department.Ask for a reference number of your complaint and who you are speaking to.

Local councils have power's that the HSE do not,If they decide the scaffold is a hazard to the public,they can have it made safe or dismantled.They will in a lot of case's also prosecute and claim payments for thier services.

I would welcome more HSE inspectors and I think they should turn up without any advance warning.

I would welcome more HSE inspectors and I think they should turn up without any advance warning.

Way to go swifty

Dawn raids, on the street cowboys & Indians ,plenty publicty, large fines and imprisonment. Get rid of the dross and lets have a level playing field

oop's sorry must have nodded off, think I was dreaming :blink1:

Top Bottom