How to get more work.

I,ve had a website built and had it a few years now,waste of time and money,cant think of a single decent job of it,all our work is repeat work and word of mouth,i suppose you'd have to pay to get it optomised on search engines for it to be successfull:unsure:

I must have got real lucky BF i have made over £150k in 2 years from mine of one customer and have a lot more priced for them ;)

I'm getting 4 done in the morning.:laugh:

I see it as an introduction AOM , its up to you to win the customer and prove yourself to them , they just need to know who you are and contact you for a quote , then the rest is history as they say ;)

150 large ffs Wouldnt get outta bed for that..lol

Phil quick question any idea how much for a replacement battery for a vyper m8

Yeah, good on ya. In all honesty, I can't see it happening any time soon, we are busy more often than not and my main concern when you are so small it can snow ball out of control in a heart beat. It's one gigantic balancing act.

Bout a fiver SP , just do it your self i changed my D9 a couple of times

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4Hzd50LVc]Suunto Vyper / Vytec / Cobra - how to change the battery - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Yeah, good on ya. In all honesty, I can't see it happening any time soon, we are busy more often than not and my main concern when you are so small it can snow ball out of control in a heart beat. It's one gigantic balancing act.

You can always turn it down AOM , better to turn it down then not have enough
i turned down 3 massive jobs since Xmas because we dont have the kit or the time at the moment , spot on its a fine juggling act and there is a serious danger in getting to big to quick , better to tip along growing steady ;)

Agreed, but I have always struggled to turn away work although I am getting better at it.

Check out the website on a company called auckland scaffolding nz.. ffs, really!
Would any one here have that photo to attract custom.

we have a add in the local rag, but one of our customers has a half page in there so he lets us have a 6in by 4in bit of his, now the cost of it would be £50, a week and the work we have had from it in a year is not a lot, apart from word of mouth the banners on the jobs gets us a lot of work.

we have a add in the local rag, but one of our customers has a half page in there so he lets us have a 6in by 4in bit of his, now the cost of it would be £50, a week and the work we have had from it in a year is not a lot, apart from word of mouth the banners on the jobs gets us a lot of work.

I find this to be true also, word of mouth and banners go a long way.

Phone roofers in your area my pal done it and got a lot of work that way

Regarding websites, if any of you want to ask me anything I will try and point you in the right direction. Please feel free to drop me an email or pm.

Regards

Admin

phone up scaffold companies and tell them you want to price something in the middle of no where whilst he is there he's not pricing locally

make sure your jobs are fully toeboarded even if you have debri netting
3 handrails and if you have the cash make your boys wear the CAPE,CAPE
hope this helps.;)

I might try that one the next time someone forgets to put the steps in the back of the van.:)

Got to say chaps, website all the way for me. I bet we get 2-3 enquiries a week through ours, some of it small domestic stuff, but also a lot through QS' from companies that are from out of town or the area and have no idea about the local trades, some of the leads we've had through the website have also ended up bringing repeat business. Spent decent money in local rags and got naff all, the money we would have spent advertising in the same literature, now gets spent on the website. All the content you can do your self, job descriptions and blurb etc. You can even use pay per click, which is set by the keywords you want to use. If the key word is common, it will cost you more, but you can set daily limits on the amount you spend on it. Not all clicks will bring an enquiry, so you have to be mindfull at the limits you set, but if your website looks the business then the click is more likely to result in someone sending an email to you or picking up the phone. May not work for everyone but i've found it to be the best medium for advertising. The pay per click also, over time works to the optimising of the website, so over time you can reduce the money that gets spent on this.

Top Bottom