How to get more work.

woodsie

Reaction score
Hello im looking to get more work, I have one gang of three on the go at the mo and have come off the spanners myself in the hope of finding more work and getting a second gang on the go with myself working with the new gang. Im currently advertising in the local rag, have signs on each job, business cards. Im going to write to all the local builders etc any more tips appreciated. Posative and negative.
Thanks

A lot of buisness is done on the golf course!

Without a doubt it does get a decent one done with good photo gallery , you will get your money back with a couple of jobs.
We have won some nice jobs from our website and even more important some good size contractors that we have done several jobs for.

Or change yur name to woodivich and work for a score a day.

Good luck with that Woodsie. Phils right,webbs a good reference for prospective clients.

We have a diddy wee web site although I have never given it any credence to be honest. It may because of where I am but I have always reckoned the best way to win more work was to do what you said you were going to do when you said you were going to do it. Maybe a bit simplistic for all you techno freaks, but works for the country boys.

We have a diddy wee web site although I have never given it any credence to be honest. It may because of where I am but I have always reckoned the best way to win more work was to do what you said you were going to do when you said you were going to do it. Maybe a bit simplistic for all you techno freaks, but works for the country boys.

We always try our best to meet customer deadlines which is why we have survived in the midst of a recession I think. Started 4 years ago in a recession but growing slowly just want to get another gang on the go coz borred at home. Lol thanks for the input

No bother, just my view on it. I suppose we are all the same, but I like to think we are ahead of the game in quality as well but most care more about my first post. Good luck, would be interesting to hear what brings the most success, as the Mrs has been on at me for a while to set up a half descent web site, but it kinda bores me to tears just thinking about it.

I always thought if you wanted scaffolding the last place you would look would be on the Internet ,
But i must admit we have picked up plenty from it AOM and some nice stuff as well not just the odd house front.
Its the modern way you want something the first place most people look is
" Google "

A couple of good tips i'd pass on are
.check the local area for new sites about to start..or demo sighns but the best way to get known is visit your local planning office & check the notices follow them along & contact the contractors direct b4 they even brake ground- offer them a free estimate - means a lot of office work & maybe you'll be used as a pricing mug...but i guarantee eventually you'll strike gold, it only takes you to get one decent developer on your books & you'll be sorted...be honest with the qs from the start about your size & ability.- you'll be surprised how far that gets you...no funny hand shakes.no web sites & no back handers. If your works good you wont need em...good luck

I must admit Phil, when I read you do it I thought it must be pretty good. I'm probably just being lazy because of where I'm based. As long as the Mrs can beef up the site without me having to do anything, I'm happy.

Phil - did you develope your own website or get someone in to do it

I got it built for me SP , i wouldnt have a clue where to start with something like that , still trying to convince my self to get an Impact Wrench

Not being funny but has anyone tried advertising on a bus? If so did it bring much work? I'm considering this it would hit a lot of people. I mean the advert not the bus lol

I know that deep down Gary , after 30+ years on the tools my body is wrecked i just got to get my self in gear and buy the one.

I,ve had a website built and had it a few years now,waste of time and money,cant think of a single decent job of it,all our work is repeat work and word of mouth,i suppose you'd have to pay to get it optomised on search engines for it to be successfull:unsure:

Top Bottom