How Much?

thats a three hundred pound job in my town no joke

Funny you say that doglegscaff. I reckoned it was 500 brick all day long but add a mob I have never heard off and might never hear from again also as they were fixing the erect date exactly we may not have another job on for the squad that builds it so could be their day plus the dismantle it would cost me more than that in wages so went in pretty high at 650.

The cheeky c@nts threw in the old line about a lot more work in the future and in England they would get the same job for 300. I didn't think it was true unless you could knock off 3 or even 4 in a day per squad which is never going to happen round here.

It is. I have managed to pretty much stay clear of them all but a few times and now I remember why.

We have agreed to do it for 550 in exchange for a 2 week payment schedule. It's only a wee daft job but sometimes they are not worth firing up the truck for. However, it's jobs that size that started me so I better not complain.

Doing it on Friday, I wonder how long they will take to pay?:suspicious:

I wish, it will probably be down before the 2 weeks is up plus it's a permit job so council would have it removed before too long anyway. It's only a tiny job so no real worries but you can see it coming, hopefully I will be wrong.

I wish, it will probably be down before the 2 weeks is up plus it's a permit job so council would have it removed before too long anyway. It's only a tiny job so no real worries but you can see it coming, hopefully I will be wrong.

Just been paid 2/3 of a rather large very late bill for a load of commercial solar work,i'll now strip the remaining third of the work,talk about cat n mouse,ffs,;)

Good man BF, it's a fekin hard life trying to get paid at all let alone on time. I had one a few months back, refused to dismantle and re erect on phase 2 until payment was made. The whole job ground to a halt for a week as they tried to raise the cash for a PP. I knew it was a bad sign, and eventually had to call in the debt collectors who managed to get us 95% of the rest but at a considerable cost. The C@nts phoned today looking for a price to start another 50 houses next week, sometimes I think it must be me.:(

Good man BF, it's a fekin hard life trying to get paid at all let alone on time. I had one a few months back, refused to dismantle and re erect on phase 2 until payment was made. The whole job ground to a halt for a week as they tried to raise the cash for a PP. I knew it was a bad sign, and eventually had to call in the debt collectors who managed to get us 95% of the rest but at a considerable cost. The C@nts phoned today looking for a price to start another 50 houses next week, sometimes I think it must be me.:(

maby genuinely in the sh1t at the time alf the time when doing a job for some 1 plumbing n that on the side allways end up doing more than agreed and making 10 20 quid after then end of the day dont mind it as i enjoy it but if i were to do it lagit ad have to really stiffen up like aye no problem marra ill do it .....daft cant lol

Aye,you can factor in one or two late payers,but even a lot of the normally good payers are taking twice as long,ffs,the jobs getting harder:notrust:

We are all daft and I have fallen for it more than once. The job I was talking about had a descent enough wee foreman who I showed the report on risk disc as they had them on red flashing out big warnings and he just laughed and told me that is just how they run things all the time and the profit they made on the job ran in to hundreds of thousands of pounds. He actually made me a bet that I would get all my money eventually, just didn't realise how many hoops I would need to jump through to get anywhere near the front of the que. As I have posted a few times now, it's a game we all have to play but it does get tiresome.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Aye,you can factor in one or two late payers,but even a lot of the normally good payers are taking twice as long,ffs,the jobs getting harder:notrust:

Agreed.

thats it its a game this site were simian pull the job to bits the rest of the lads hadent been paid for weeks and then got paid a % less than 25% this is every trade rumor has it that they took a hit on another site and are trying to hit both tagets by taking off this site lads never had a wage for weeks ok f ya got ya fingers in a few pies but if your 1 man cis on to this site ya feked really arnt ya, we were asking joiners to do stuff so we gould put ties in and there response was not been funny marra but we aint been paid for 5-6 weeks so were doing fek all to which we said fair enough what more can ya do

Can't blame them really. Another bad sign when the men are not getting paid, never like working for the hand to mouth brigade.

Top Bottom