how many transom

maunder

Reaction score
I done a loading bay the other day and I put 13 transom in it and I got told by my boss there was to many only to put in 5 transom. I told him that's wrong but he thinks he is right so plz tell me how many your ment to put in

Average Loading Bay is 5 boards 5 standards and 13 transoms, spaced at 300 centres. If you use new tube however you can space it to 450 centres which is 9 transoms. I would however recommend doing the 13 as telling tube apart can be a pain.

Whatever the design says it is.

From experience 13 is plenty for a typical building site loading bay for 1 pallet and 1 bin. But I've done bloody hundreds of loading bays with 20+ transoms all crammed into a 12' bay. Not all designers were created equal.....!

Average Loading Bay is 5 boards 5 standards and 13 transoms, spaced at 300 centres. If you use new tube however you can space it to 450 centres which is 9 transoms. I would however recommend doing the 13 as telling tube apart can be a pain.

Thanks I new that but I can show my boss now

Any decent company these days will give you a design mate, transoms will not hold up the job if there not enough standards, anyway on a tube and fitting load bay most scaffs would also put in "Aberdeen Trannies." as an additional support. How much weight is it expected to take?

10kn per square mtr high impact area absolute joke more legs than a centipede more trannys than Thailand
All for 1 tub of slop and a pallet of bricks w@nkers

Wtf are you on about 13 transoms - whats the mwl on that then...its a lbay for siteworks not a fvckin support shore- so 1 pallet of bricks & 1 muck bin mwl of 1.2tn -7 is more than adequate- anymore than that & its over designed to cover the designers over inflated fee

Attachments

• 20150702_203349.jpg
    20150702_203349.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Morning Guys,
Transom spacing, leg spacing, beams, supplementary couplers are all controlled by the intended load to be imposed.

The frequency of your transoms will be determined by both the load and the span.

There is a standard design for a 10kN/mSq loading bay in TG20:13 which incorporates ladder beams as ledgers. The standard compliant tower is up to 4.0m long (to suit boards)and 5 boards wide with a height up to 16m

This "compliant" structure details transoms at 450 crs which would be 9 transoms

Any decent company these days will give you a design mate, transoms will not hold up the job if there not enough standards, anyway on a tube and fitting load bay most scaffs would also put in "Aberdeen Trannies." as an additional support. How much weight is it expected to take?

Hi the Mack. The frase "Aberdeen Trannies" are now referred to as "structural transoms" and can be applied from ledger to ledger as apposed to std to std.

Top Bottom