How many scaffolding firms are there

[sitaxi for scaff2010ze="7"][/size]

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

well most main contractors will only use nasc firms for prestigious projects i am not saying men on other firms dont take pride in there work at all i lernt my trade on a street firm in london doing a tidy job every time

b.ollocks

bovis carillion kier im talking blue chip main contractors not sum family run little builder im talking about firms that work in the city of london i think your missing my point there is no alternative and more then likely there never will be unless you find sum idiot with alot of money who is willing to spend millions on a new organisation that he or she would be wasteing there money on come on face the fact the nasc are here to stay and everyone who has a ectib card better get themselfs booked on a part one course rapid

I don't remember working for a NASC member when I worked on the East London Line Project for Carillion.
Are you a part 1 scaff 2010?

Why would that person be an idiot? To spend in his company it's called investment! How do you think companies like Lyndons started through people taking a chance and giving it a go. As for NASC membership it probably has many pros and cons depending on your customer base and where you intend taking your company. But we have never found we needed it.

i think the figure of 70% of earnings of the total scaffolding sector in uk would be created by nasc companies would prob be a true figure give or take a per cent or two,as most of the large firms are nasc affiliated i wouldnt argue that figure..........can anyone shed any light on the nascs figure of 90% of labour being PAYE(direct on books) im sure this percentage is the new figure required to gain nasc affiliation,and are they adhearing to this figure.

I would think not as most large projects and outages use agencies.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

And each branch of the national companies is a separate member of the NASC

therefore these branches and members are not(or maybe cannot)adhearing to the nascs rule book??so what i wonder will happen to these non compliers??will the nasc governing body want to upset DSL HARSCO PALMERS ect ect.why produce rules costing millions of pounds and tremendouse effort only to have your primary members break them?

A game is invented... people start to play it..... then clubs are formed... people start paying to watch it... then an association is formed.... they start to write the rules...when rules are broken ....fines are handed out....unless the assocation is called nasc...people dont like this... so form another association....come and join the sccr....some people wont like this....but everything needs an opposition.....everyone wants a voice....sf is the thread that binds us...sccr could be our voice.....just rambling on folks, still suffering a bit of jetlag...how about a points or star system for scaffolding companies, like hotels. If the sccr gets big enough,it could have exclusive rights to monitor things...price....quality....reliability....honesty.... consistency...longevity...etc etc 5 star being the standard large or small. 0 stars dont touch with a bargepole...goodnight ...in my dreams:D:D

frederik spot on id say mate,the fight back got to start somewhere so why not here and with the SCCR,lets try and put some credibility and humility back into our trade.

Top Bottom