How many scaffolding firms are there

R

ragscaff

Down here in Cornwall listed in yellow pages there are 35.

I would say that there are probably at least 5-10 one man bands.

So we will call it 40.

At present only four are NASC members!

So we are no where near 70% NASC scaffolders.

Lets see what you all come up with!

Ragscaff

Down here in Cornwall listed in yellow pages there are 35.

I would say that there are probably at least 5-10 one man bands.

So we will call it 40.

At present only four are NASC members!

So we are no where near 70% NASC scaffolders.

Lets see what you all come up with!

Ragscaff

I don't really see the point you are trying to make, but I would say that well over 70% of the scaffolding industry's annual turnover is generated from NASC memebrs.

With those stats phil,are you saying 10% have 70% of the business? Doesnt seem to add up to me.

Just thinking ,if all the companies in England joined nasc, would they be better off????

Just thinking ,if all the companies in England joined nasc, would they be better off????

Well some companies just don't want to put anything back into the industry that they're involved in, so it wouldn't happen.

But if it were to happen hypothetically then you'd still have good firms and bad firms - Just like you already have in the NASC membership.

Trouble is, the decent firms would find it even harder to compete against the w*nkers we all moan about, so standards would slip even further within the industry.

No pun intended.

Well some companies just don't want to put anything back into the industry that they're involved in, so it wouldn't happen.

But if it were to happen hypothetically then you'd still have good firms and bad firms - Just like you already have in the NASC membership.

Trouble is, the decent firms would find it even harder to compete against the w*nkers we all moan about, so standards would slip even further within the industry.

No pun intended.

bang on mate!

I was up for a bit of debate here Phil,you seem to supprt nasc but their membership criteria seems a bit flawd if dodgy companies can join. not focusing tonight and my team chelsea are playing. Perhaps another time mate.

I know several companies in NASC which are absolutely shocking!

Yeah I'm not supporting anyone mate.

I'm just telling it how it is.

Yeah I'm not supporting anyone mate.

I'm just telling it how it is.

Phil thats the most sensible view/opinion ive heard on the matter! Devils advocate can see it from both sides!

I don't really see the point you are trying to make, but I would say that well over 70% of the scaffolding industry's annual turnover is generated from NASC memebrs.

Interested in how many firms are out there. Last count I heard was 4-5000.

I would think there is more.

SF can help to get the current figure!!

114 in Leeds

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

But that's only on Yell.com, some firms won't have the money to stick ad's on there.

I personally will only work for nasc firms you know your not working for sum two bob outfit slashing up backs of houses for £80's a day your more then likely going to be working on prestigious projects takeing pride in your work

Aren't you the posh one.

Are you saying that if you don't work for one of the few NASC companies then you won't take pride in your work and won't be working on prestigious projects?

Your jackets here!! Do you want to pick it up or should I send it!!

Your jackets here!! Do you want to pick it up or should I send it!!

:laugh:

What if the NASC firms don't let you use an Impact wrench? What then?

Sign on?
Change profession?
Sell your ars.e down Soho?

Taxi for Scaff2010

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Yeah, you said exactly the same as I did :D

:laugh:

What if the NASC firms don't let you use an Impact wrench? What then?

Sign on?
Change profession?
Sell your ars.e down Soho?

Taxi for Scaff2010

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Yeah, you said exactly the same as I did :D

DSL make up a large percentage of the NASC as with all the nationals each depot is a separate member, they will not let you use an impact wrench.

Top Bottom