how long do you give private customers to pay

5 weeks way too long for a private customer if it was a firm who had an account with you differant matter. Then to say your a bit keen the cheeky mudda fodder. Tell him you got a bank manager whos abit keen and twitchy trigger finger.

Have to say, evryone should have a written contract and payment terms nowdays. Phillio said it 50% when job starts and balance at the end

i know you have to chase them, i had this the other month with a builder i know, he had been payed for a job which he did and he asked me to take down my scaffold, i said when you pay me i will take it down,it when on and on so, i when round his customers house at 5 in morning and start to bang the tubes, bloke comes to window, not happy ask what the f--k you doing, i told him, i am here to inspect scaffold and i have got to do it every week, he ask why has it not been take down, so tell him i have not been pay that day builder was there with money.

your lucky only 5 weeks some guys owed me £1100 since last december every time i phone same old story cheque in the post threaten him with taking him to small claims court but he knows it wouldn,t be worth the while just have to keep nagging him for it and hope he eventually coughs up

Was it Scaffy by any chance?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

i know you have to chase them, i had this the other month with a builder i know, he had been payed for a job which he did and he asked me to take down my scaffold, i said when you pay me i will take it down,it when on and on so, i when round his customers house at 5 in morning and start to bang the tubes, bloke comes to window, not happy ask what the f--k you doing, i told him, i am here to inspect scaffold and i have got to do it every week, he ask why has it not been take down, so tell him i have not been pay that day builder was there with money.

I saw this post before a few months back. Did you post it or have you gone and taken the Original Posters advice?

Forward planning

You give as much time as you state in your contract

Terms "payment in full within 14 days of invoice date, a 1% per day charge will be made on all outstanding sums after 14 days of invoice date"

Your customer will know the debt is rising day by day.

Rigger shame of it is that dont stand up. In court the ibterest unless a judgement is awarded by hmcs

Private customers is cash before errection....Then they get 28 days after that get the extra hire in cash every week...There a one off customer

I go to the local courts and fill out the claim form, drop off a copy to the customer on say a friday morning and tell him I'll be submitting it to the court on Monday morning first thing, unless i'm paid by then. the court costs will also be added at this time.

They normally pay or agree to pay by an agreed date on the Friday

This has worked for me 95% of the time, and i have never submitted a court claim

If they dont respond by the Monday, then they probally wont be paying and its time to play baseball :eek:

Top Bottom