Housing Stock U.K.

I think at this stage, we have all become experts in economic affairs..fcuk me.. i didnt know what sub-prime mortgage was..I thought a tracker was some eletronic bug ya stuck under someones car. Now I can tell ya what stocks to buy..
This whole european ballsology is wrecking my napper.. every day I get it in the papers, the radio, the telly. Bailout for the spartans, Italy looks fcuked ... Me an Irish bloke... Our country got tons of it,, and our top retired (of recent) politicians cost €800million a year in pensions alone.. with the ex-pm or if ya want to all him a Tshock.. gets €152k a year excluding the extras..
Im amazed, flabbergassted... and Im a unemployed hard working diligent scaff with 20yrs + exp onshore offshore, mortgage , the lot.. it feels like Im carrying a fcuking boulder on me shooders...I know Im not the only geezer in dat predicament... i think i'll go and have a cuppa :) giz a job

we are only pawns in the global game
reading these posts its as if im in the bavarian puscht ie its all the work of the global jewish banking ploy to rule the world,only we now have the arabs and the chinese thrown into the game now
i personally beleive like aom in the good old "protestant "work ethic no disrespect meant,but you cant get it unless you work for it
i have 3 wee girls and im trying to install in them the value of money.i remember when i was working at home and my oldest who was 6 came into my bederoom 1 sunday and asked why is my dad not at work,why because she was used to me working every sunday no day of rest for me so much for my protestant/calvanist work ethic

the bavarian puscht was a revolt to over throw the german electorate,which failed and lead to hitler being jailed i think and so lead to the writing of mein kampf.
we all know were that one lead

protestant\calvinist\knoxist\lutherist......im pretty sure a good hard work ethic never found its conception under any these banners daftscaff id say you either have a healthy work ethic or you dont,as for the beer halle puscht that was a missed oppertunity to cut a fascists head off at the start a for which a heavy price was paid for globally.

I agree with the opening statement of daftscaffs comments re to the unseen major financial players, but not to the fact of religous clubs to the extent of work ethic's. (no offence) You either have it or you dont.... but hey,,, its not to say it dont work to someones benefit... I have often thought of joining the hare krishnas... but i dont rekon i wud look to good with tools on,, with krishna dress on and face paint. ;)

Right lads think we have been down the finance road,:wondering:

Can I try and pull us back on Topic by asking,
Given that there are a lot of construction workers unemployed or under employed and that there is a cronic shortage of housing in the UK.......

Is it a good idea to invest £billions into a cohesive new build housing programme ?

Would more relaxed "planning permission" help developers in starting up new projects ?

worked with some cracking grafters of all faiths and hope no one took offence to the protestant work ethic,should stop typing after 6 nelsons.

back to the topic yes there should be a push for more affordable housing,and infrastructure projects in general.
the power station announcements should have been made earlier in my opinion

To answer the questions fully you have to understand first why we are in this predicament. Of course I would benefit from any relaxed planning laws or investment in public housing but as usual where would the billions come from? The greeks have been living the high life for years with successive governments buying votes with tax breaks and failing to bring in tax money due for fear of upsetting their electorate. Add to that the massive corruption in all aspects of their life and it was only ever going to be a question of when they went to the wall not if. I can't remember the exact age but I think the average retirement age was 52 or there about's, so even a thick scaff like myself doesn't need a calculator to realise that there would be a day of reckoning coming if everyone was taking out and nobody was paying in. Now we and others have to go without to prop up their economy but the alternative is almost certainly worse and our housing stock would be the least of our troubles.

In short, I don't think we are in a position to invest billions in a new build program but yes I wish they would.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Not sure how I feel about this one but just heard on the news that East Lothian council are now in the market to buy their old housing stock back. I suppose it's one way to get our stock up but did the tax payers really have to fork out twice to get it?

Top Bottom