hot weather

dico

Reaction score
with the recent hot weather we had that didnt last does any body no what the cut off point to work is or as were not spannish and in great britain does this not matter keep moveing being the word i no were not all stupid and will take a water break but does anybody no the cut off point by law i saw some poor motorway workers on way home and they looked like they were gana pass out!!!!

Not something the sweaty socks know much about.:(

you got more chance than winning the loto jackpot than getting a siesta in this country aom pmsl!!!!!

You know it's going to be a bad year when the boy's are shouting for skins in their June issue.

there was something in the papers not long back, reminding employers to allow more breaks and be concious of employees working out doors especially in afternoons, but can i fook for the life of me remember what it said properly , you might find out off the met office website it gives out warnings for too good and bad weather stuff

im fcuking spannered im off to bed, suffering mental block or im just fcuking losing it ha :nuts::nuts:

There is legislation that requires a Minimum temp.in offices,
factories and the like, but no maximum temp.

This legislation (min Temp) does not transfer well to "Outdoor Workers" although it still applies but is generally ignored for obvious reasons

You make a very good point of drinking plenty of water during hot weather, fail to do this and you are asking for a case of heat stroke that can be fatal in extreme cases .Headache and swelling of the hands or/and wrist's are signs of de-hydration

Your employer has a duty of care to ensure your Health & Safety while you are at work. This includes working in high temperatures,wether indoors or outdoors and a SSOW must be in place and implemented

Last edited:
ahh that takes me back AOM the lads asking for the skins.working on the bluebook and offshore you forget aboot the good side of the game drinking and smoking joints you must be a cool gaffer AOM :laugh:

We will be sooking their boaby next.:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

ahh that takes me back AOM the lads asking for the skins.working on the bluebook and offshore you forget aboot the good side of the game drinking and smoking joints you must be a cool gaffer AOM :laugh:

Wow man, look at all the pretty colours.:love:

Out here in the North West summer temperatures can hit 47 degrees C with high humidity. Inland temperatures can exceed 55 C. Even in mid winter daily temperatures are around 28C which is higher than the average UK summer day.
The scaffs here have access to ice and water, have isotonic supplements and obviously note the hazards of exposure to sun. and dehydration in the JHA"s.
When I was in the Middle East the rule generally was outside work should stop when the temp exceeded 50C. Funnily enough it never went past 49.8C lol

Out here in the North West summer temperatures can hit 47 degrees C with high humidity. Inland temperatures can exceed 55 C. Even in mid winter daily temperatures are around 28C which is higher than the average UK summer day.
The scaffs here have access to ice and water, have isotonic supplements and obviously note the hazards of exposure to sun. and dehydration in the JHA"s.
When I was in the Middle East the rule generally was outside work should stop when the temp exceeded 50C. Funnily enough it never went past 49.8C lol

bloody hell havespanner what do you work in pants hard hat and spanners thats hot man:cool:

Same out here in Kaz. 50deg C and all stops. But as you say, it never gets to the magic 50.

Mad dogs'nEnglishmen.Ffs!! Bet them them tubes get a bit warm.50deg's

Top Bottom