hop up brackets to standards

The correct answer is 500mm, it runs in line with system, its written in SG28, the inside boards must be lightly loaded. Any more and you need a step down or a ladder. If the lift falls within 250mm or less the inside boards must be the same safe working load as the main platform.

I think this is my 100th post.

alrite lads wots the norm distance down from working lift to the hop up bracket for joiners on a timber frame :toung:

dont talk to me about Wates mate they are murder to deal with i try and avoid them like the plague, i think AOM does a lot of timber frames in Scotland so hopefully he can help you mate :)

Sorry boy's, missed this one, don't take anything we do as written in stone but we try and get within 500mm as max below the roof line. If it's just a double storey we try and get the final lift to be a small 1m lift then when it's tiled drop the boards down to the smaller roof so the brickie isn't stretching to reach the top course and the joiner also fits the soffit board at this point so he is not lying on his belly. Get's a bit difficult on 3,4 and 5 storey kits as they want it all roads, first lift above the door height for fire escape and brickie access then 2m lifts, final lift of 1m to roof, they get all confused when I try to explain that you can't divide 7 x 2. I usually go to the site supervisor as they all have there own ideas and get them to give us our heights, what a laugh with some of the results but either they pay to rectify or we just send all the trades with their complaints to his door, either way we win.:cool:

Top Bottom