hop up brackets to standards

dave b 2

Reaction score
alrite lads wots the norm distance down from working lift to the hop up bracket for joiners on a timber frame :toung:

lol been on a wates job 2day the joiners said 600mm down and the agent said its braking all laws and regs min 300mm and max 4oomm ave u come across this b4 i avnt so i thought id check

i think something was said the other day on here 500mm springs to mind but DO NOT QUOTE ME! ha ha! il try and find it!

dont talk to me about Wates mate they are murder to deal with i try and avoid them like the plague, i think AOM does a lot of timber frames in Scotland so hopefully he can help you mate :)

oh there bad but wot dosnt kill you makes u stronger ha ha i thought it was 525 max

Sorry mate i cant see it, sure i read it! must have been sleep scaffolding! nah im positive i read it on here cos i thought that could be useful to splurge back at someone off the bar stool when im talking a good job!

oh there bad but wot dosnt kill you makes u stronger ha ha i thought it was 525 max

Cuplock/kwikstage heights are obviously governed by the distance between cups.

Which is 500mmC/C.

in this day and age with NODE points id prob say 300mm but that wouldnt be practicle so im going with 500..! final answer! dinna dinna dinnaana dow!

tube &fitting

Well I suppose it would be wherever there is a risk of falling so you'd have to have an inside guardrail on the main working deck and a short ladder access onto the inside hop up anyway mate.

Well I suppose it would be wherever there is a risk of falling so you'd have to have an inside guardrail on the main working deck and a short ladder access onto the inside hop up anyway mate.

A double guardrail & toeboard to conform to the WAHR's

i no im not assed really its the joiner but cant help thinking how this would affected the brickys cause there allways going to work out at 500

i no im not assed really its the joiner but cant help thinking how this would affected the brickys cause there allways going to work out at 500

Well it's always good practice to disrupt the bricklayers as much as possible in my opinion! :bigsmile:

I've never been asked for hop ups by the chippies before mate. It's always been scaffold erected in 2m lifts, timber frame goes up, then adapt for brickies as the shell goes up.

yeah scaff goes up 2m lifts then 1st floor panels go up then hop ups so they can erect nxt floor then same for roof pal

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

there 3bds then swap to 2bds hop ups for brickys pal

Top Bottom