home comforts

Kevin Smith

Reaction score
Just wondering what all the lads over seas actually miss about the uk or what they can not live without while over seas, or if your planning on moving out of the UK what would u miss.................for me, I still like to listen to radio 2 on the way to and home from work, the best time of the day show in the morning and steve right on the way home and a good old chippy :)

This will no doubt turn into UK bashing and stories of sun worshipping in some God forsaken foreign land drinking some local pi55 water pretending you're having fun. Before it does, it's nice to hear at least one man can say he misses blighty at times.

Lived in Holland for 4years back in the mid 80's always had cravings for fray bentos steak and kidney pies the one's that come in a tin and go in the oven.when people came from UK to visit that was a rule to take some with them .

Is always the food for me,can't beat fish,chips and mushy peas,could go on forever here,full English breakfast,pie n peas,not to mention Wetherspoons for curry night,steak night,can't beat good ole England mate,I love our country.

To be honest I miss a good old British Ruby. Even in countries with massive Indian/bangladeshi communities they just can't make it the same. A guy from Birmingham actually went to Dubai several years ago and started the "British tandoori". It was just like you get in the UK.
Anyone going to Dubai to look for work should look out for it if its still there. It was on the ground floor of the Toyota building which is near the old Defence roundabout.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

And ice cold fresh water from the tap. The stuff you can drink and pour on your head when you have a hangover!!

To be honest I miss a good old British Ruby. Even in countries with massive Indian/bangladeshi communities they just can't make it the same. A guy from Birmingham actually went to Dubai several years ago and started the "British tandoori". It was just like you get in the UK.
Anyone going to Dubai to look for work should look out for it if its still there. It was on the ground floor of the Toyota building which is near the old Defence roundabout.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

And ice cold fresh water from the tap. The stuff you can drink and pour on your head when you have a hangover!!

bleeding hell HSWT you can't pour water over your head we are all on water Meters in UK ha ha.

Beer on cereal was a regular sight in the hostels,as for the tobacco on fry ups im pretty sure a lot worse has gone on food when scaffs have been involved bf

My own brother puts brown sauce all over his sunday dinner bh,a sunday dinner is already perfection and wont be bettered by anything;)

Top Bottom