Holiday season !

max

Reaction score
So its that time of year where we all have a nice break and forget about the scaffolding world and spend a week or two realizing that a years worth of hard work is all worth it.
Me her and the 3 kids are off to alcudia in a couple of weeks.
We did say that we would not go back to Spain but the resort tempted us as its got a water park next door and lots of kids clubs.
so where is everyone Else off nice then ?

www.thescaffolder.com

Last edited:
The wifes brother and his family are just back, said it was tremendous for the kids and weather was magic. We are meant to shut down on black eye Friday just passed for the fair fortnight but have been to busy especially since a fair chunk of school work came our way last minute and had to be done whilst the kids are on holiday. Luckily all agreed to stay and help out for another week and we will take the other week in September when I head to Florida to visit Family.

Because of the kids we picked there. I Was just reading the other tread and someone said all inclusive is for poorpers ! i don't think so !. The reason we pick it is because its easy with the children but certainly not cheap !

I think that was more to ram it right up the tw at who calls himself the master. Your right, all inclusive is for the kids but I have been on a few cruises that ram it up you again with kids by selling you a card for juice and ice cream and the like.

Anyway Max, good reports so enjoy.

Me and aom have just been talking caravans in another thread so thought this would be more appropriate;
Aom be carefull if you decide to go the static route, hidden charges galore
and some even make you buy new again in just a few years if you want to keep your plot!!!!!
They also promise to sub let it when you are not using it, but this only happens after they have filled there own
Get the best of both worlds, but a decent tourer and get a seasonal pitch then when you get fed up with the same site up sticks and move on

Now back to the original question, off in my caravan pulled with my shogun sport
double fixed bed, shower, crapper, central heating, kitchen, dinette,
in fact the works, been 5 times already this year (4+5 nights) week in August, week in september, 5 days in October and any weekends I fancy in between.
Happy Holidays

Spains just put the vat up to 21%,thus wiping out any slight advantage we were getting with a good exchange rate,not a problem if your all inclusive,though i can never drink the p*ss ale provided,and always end up buying proper ale at whatever the cost is,having said that,all inclusive is a no brainer if you have kids,and outside of europe i've had some fantastic all inclusive's,with mexico being particulary good,as for me,it's carravaning in wet wales as soon as the kids break up,heaven lol

All good points Spannerman and I have looked at it fairly closely. This thing is mint, more house than van so sub letting is the last thing I will be doing with it. They do want you to sell it as the oldest van on the site is to be no more than 12 years old so if I want to continue I will need to come across again but it's either that or pay 100k for a lodge in a spot I don't like. The site we are going to is also mint, 3 of the best golf courses in the country and just by the beach with access to a load of different destinations on the ski so that all suits me. I get the freedom of the mobile and why people prefer it but for me I am more about the glamping than emptying chemical toilets.:sick:

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Spains just put the vat up to 21%,thus wiping out any slight advantage we were getting with a good exchange rate,not a problem if your all inclusive,though i can never drink the p*ss ale provided,and always end up buying proper ale at whatever the cost is,having said that,all inclusive is a no brainer if you have kids,and outside of europe i've had some fantastic all inclusive's,with mexico being particulary good,as for me,it's carravaning in wet wales as soon as the kids break up,heaven lol

Didn't know the Spanish had raised their vat level BF, could make a difference to a few especially since you hardly seen a Brit at the usual holiday haunts. The funny thing is I thought more people were holidaying at home now since the euro collapsed but reports are poor hear and surrounding area with tourism well done on even last year.

Me and aom have just been talking caravans in another thread so thought this would be more appropriate;
Aom be carefull if you decide to go the static route, hidden charges galore
and some even make you buy new again in just a few years if you want to keep your plot!!!!!
They also promise to sub let it when you are not using it, but this only happens after they have filled there own
Get the best of both worlds, but a decent tourer and get a seasonal pitch then when you get fed up with the same site up sticks and move on

Now back to the original question, off in my caravan pulled with my shogun sport
double fixed bed, shower, crapper, central heating, kitchen, dinette,
in fact the works, been 5 times already this year (4+5 nights) week in August, week in september, 5 days in October and any weekends I fancy in between.
Happy Holidays

Another happy caravan man here,having previously owned the all singing static,i've now reverted back to a tourer,all the mod cons as you state spannerman,but not as costly as the static,i also site mine so we just jump in the car and off we go,we love it,mind you i've had some fun with the awning this year lol

Don't think my mrs would put up with a tourer, no real option for me but the static. Why did you revert BF?

Don't think my mrs would put up with a tourer, no real option for me but the static. Why did you revert BF?

£3200 ground rent,elecy and gas on top,and a forty grand caravan dropping value rapidly every season,and you need a new one every ten years,costly hobby,we never rented ours out,it's a home from home and we did love it,but with our tourer we've got all the creature comforts and a lot more flexability,£1500 a season to site it with elecy and water included and if you get bored of the same place,off you go to someplace else,if you dont fancy siting it for a season you can just pull it to different places,even if you dont use it for a year,it's not costing you,with the static you're stuck on the one place,and at the mercy of the site owners.

True, I may be under slightly different circumstance though a bit too complicated to go into on the forum. £1200 rent and a slightly cheaper van as well and no way would get tired of the site. Good to hear other options and opinions though.

No holiday for me this year. I will have to stay here.

---------- Post added 16th July 2012 at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 15th July 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

So its that time of year where we all have a nice break and forget about the scaffolding world and spend a week or two realizing that a years worth of hard work is all worth it.
Me her and the 3 kids are off to alcudia in a couple of weeks.
We did say that we would not go back to Spain but the resort tempted us as its got a water park next door and lots of kids clubs.
so where is everyone Else off nice then ?

www.thescaffolder.com

I went to Alcudia in the late 70s. It had a beautiful beach. Hope it is still as nice and you have a great break.

few cafravan site round here with peopel living on them the rents no were near 3000 closer to 1500 but like you say most of them you have to sell back to the caravan owner a family firend bourhgt for £14000 had it 3 mounth and wanted a newer 1 sold ti to the site owner for £6000 and bort 1 in the 20,000 range 2 weeks larter their old vans back for same at you guested it £12,000

few cafravan site round here with peopel living on them the rents no were near 3000 closer to 1500 but like you say most of them you have to sell back to the caravan owner a family firend bourhgt for £14000 had it 3 mounth and wanted a newer 1 sold ti to the site owner for £6000 and bort 1 in the 20,000 range 2 weeks larter their old vans back for same at you guested it £12,000

The sites that cost a fortune for statics tend to have all amenities,the one we we're on was a 5*,and it was fabulous,but i'm next door to it now with the tourer,so we can use pretty much the same amenities,except the indoor pool and spa area,which costs about a tenner a day,so it works out about half the old price and we still use the same pubs and restaurants and beach,and you get to know everyone,it's a great community,incidently callum,i had a weekend in bowness on windermere,this weekend just gone,lovely place,is this near you?also i know of sites in wales that are five grand a year to site a static.

The sites that cost a fortune for statics tend to have all amenities,the one we we're on was a 5*,and it was fabulous,but i'm next door to it now with the tourer,so we can use pretty much the same amenities,except the indoor pool and spa area,which costs about a tenner a day,so it works out about half the old price and we still use the same pubs and restaurants and beach,and you get to know everyone,it's a great community,incidently callum,i had a weekend in bowness on windermere,this weekend just gone,lovely place,is this near you?also i know of sites in wales that are five grand a year to site a static.

aye that got non of them like not even a club their is another 1 up road stanwix seem to have ti all, did you stay in a cottage marra or caravan think in me gran work for cumbria cottages and shels stayed am most of them allways going for weekend here and there pension and pleeds poverty lol and spending my inherintance on cottage 10 miles aweay from home no pockets in shrouds :laugh: i bowness is lovely love the buildings there like great in the summer should fo come over me and ptg could of taken you to barra jacks :laugh:

aye that got non of them like not even a club their is another 1 up road stanwix seem to have ti all, did you stay in a cottage marra or caravan think in me gran work for cumbria cottages and shels stayed am most of them allways going for weekend here and there pension and pleeds poverty lol and spending my inherintance on cottage 10 miles aweay from home no pockets in shrouds :laugh: i bowness is lovely love the buildings there like great in the summer should fo come over me and ptg could of taken you to barra jacks :laugh:

Just a B and B marra,drank in a lovely little 400 year old pub called,hole in't wall,had the missus with me and i dont think she'd be too impressed if i said right i'm off boozing now with some boys off the forum lol,but i will be back with my mate for some fishing,hopefully this year,what part you in marra?and can granny get discounted cottages for the scaffs lol

Just a B and B marra,drank in a lovely little 400 year old pub called,hole in't wall,had the missus with me and i dont think she'd be too impressed if i said right i'm off boozing now with some boys off the forum lol,but i will be back with my mate for some fishing,hopefully this year,what part you in marra?and can granny get discounted cottages for the scaffs lol

lolshe wouldent of been happy in barra jacks hahah its dog ruff/ live at whitehaven what type of fishing you do ? personally i like trout tickling ;);) she get 20% off am sure she get 5% if booked threw her not sure

Another happy caravan man here,having previously owned the all singing static,i've now reverted back to a tourer,all the mod cons as you state spannerman,but not as costly as the static,i also site mine so we just jump in the car and off we go,we love it,mind you i've had some fun with the awning this year lol

Ah the awning otherwise known as the DIVORCE in a bag:amuse:
Assume you leave yours up Bigfish, seen some major damage this year was in North Devon 4 weeks ago and one awning was like a swimming pool big pool of water on the roof, took three wardens to empty it!! think if i was to have permanent pitch I would take it down and put it up every time for the sake of an hour. yep we love it as well but admit some sunshine would'nt go amiss!!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Don't think my mrs would put up with a tourer, -----leave her at home:idea:

£3200 ground rent,elecy and gas on top,and a forty grand caravan dropping value rapidly every season,and you need a new one every ten years,costly hobby,we never rented ours out,it's a home from home and we did love it,but with our tourer we've got all the creature comforts and a lot more flexability,£1500 a season to site it with elecy and water included and if you get bored of the same place,off you go to someplace else,if you dont fancy siting it for a season you can just pull it to different places,even if you dont use it for a year,it's not costing you,with the static you're stuck on the one place,and at the mercy of the site owners.

done the static bigfish great at first then like you say ground rent goes through the roof mine started at 18 hundred then just kept going up ive been out 6 years now think park resorts are charging 4,500 now!!! i would never ever recommend a stastic and most sites are very clicky i put 20,000 down on my static and that was on a 48,000 static when i left the park they brought it back for 14,000 it was only a year olde seemed good at the time with the complex pool and bars but never again atleast with your tourer you can move about like you say and they keep there price if there looked after

Yea dico i agree,seems to be a right money pit having a static,i'm glad we've done it,and the kids have got great memories of lazy summers in a lovely seaside enviorement,i do regret that i did'nt buy a cottage instead,at least you've got a solid investment then,with a longish mortgage the costs would be no more,and the moneys not down the pan,if your retired with no mortgage,then a static's worth considering,but if you've got enough years left i'd definately look at the cottage option,but for me now,i'm very happy with the flexibility that our tourer offers,but i have spied a fantastic lodge..........oh no,haha

Top Bottom