hilti ring

marra watson

Reaction score
hilti rings the big m16 yans. they shoudl be installed so the btt is vertically as apose to horizontally or is it th eother way round. not only this but can you spear off them? am not sure you can as this will create some kind sheers does it not

Don't think it matters whether the butt is horizontal or vertical Marra. I do whatever suits.

It deosn't matter marra, they do like two rings to one tube though for streangth.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Were them pics any good i sent marra for the ties.

not sur ewer ei herd it but ithere put it up so if the scaffold sinks a bit or put ti sidways for a bit of give in the sway but can not rember which way it was lol.

It deosn't matter marra, they do like two rings to one tube though for streangth.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Were them pics any good i sent marra for the ties.

yeah threaded bar would be ideal but fek drillig all the steel. they have decided on hilti rings in to the face of the slab but i was unsure if you could spur back of your but to a node point if hight or lower than the slab any ideas lads

Put them vertically marra, they don't work in shear.

Agree al. Just checked on nasc tg4:11, scaffold ring bolts should not be used for shear loads. Them ties took 4 mins to install marra, thats braket, bar and super tie.

not sur ewer ei herd it but ithere put it up so if the scaffold sinks a bit or put ti sidways for a bit of give in the sway but can not rember which way it was lol.

Not being funny or owt cal, but are you turning welsh?? fck me it batters my head pal reading your posts. Listen none of us are typing experts, granted, but for fck sake, can ya use the old one finger, one button method. PRETTY PLEASE. :)

Im slowly understanding him CP, but it could be down to the marra dictionary he sent me....lol

He's worked for me den, and trust me, the writing is easier to understand than the vocals!! Only joking cal.......... or am i?? wot for't do an that init. He'll tell you it's my ears!!!

Anyone watching the d1ck head on channel 4? Don't look down. Had one of these pr1cks climb a tower crane in manchester about 6/7 year ago and the site had to be shut down, 80/100 lads sent home unpaid cause of some fckin bellend

He's worked for me den, and trust me, the writing is easier to understand than the vocals!! Only joking cal.......... or am i?? wot for't do an that init. He'll tell you it's my ears!!!

what for't do is wiganees marra lol. every fekers seems to think its me its defo them. on this job in burnley they think am polish lol

All good mate, how about you?

Aye all great this end, family's all doing well and works flat out.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

what for't do is wiganees marra lol. every fekers seems to think its me its defo them. on this job in burnley they think am polish lol

Must have something to do wi that rug round your mouth....lol

Many moons ago & predesighn phobia. i erected a canter lever over a waterfront using M16 rings drilled into the wall deep up to where the ring starts-threading a tube through acting as a whaling bar to which we could pick the spurs up from, in my mind set the sheerforce would be picked up transfering into the wall - although only for a painters access there was a lot of weight in the gear. It stayed solid with no movement or problems - i have seen a similar thing done recently with a prefabricated bracket that is being sold as a tie/handrail bracket thats screwed to the wall with M10/12 excalibre bolts & i would have thought there where more chance of them failing then a hiltiring

Top Bottom