Hi guys

Derk0119

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum and also new too scaffolding just wondered what you guys thoughts are on someone wanting too retrain as a scaffolder at 41? Sat my cisrs entrants and booked my tubes and fittings part 1 bare in mind I've been in construction as a plasterer for 25 years..........

Welcome mate at least your not from bricklaying past you wouldn't last 5 mins in the game and this forum come to think of it lol

Forget part 1 until you have at least 6 months experience ( which is a requirement by law ) you won't enjoy the work at first but I'm sure you'll love it once you get used to it

Welcome to the forum mate.
At the grand old age of 35 mate i'll be glad to get out of it, i've been doing this for nearly 20yrs and my body has had enough. So for you at 41, i hope you feel physically fit enough to do this job for the next 20yrs or so till retirment......you'll be outside in all weathers, for long hrs. Not trying to put you off mate, just being realistic.

All the best den.

Welcome to the forum mate.
At the grand old age of 35 mate i'll be glad to get out of it, i've been doing this for nearly 20yrs and my body has had enough. So for you at 41, i hope you feel physically fit enough to do this job for the next 20yrs or so till retirment......you'll be outside in all weathers, for long hrs. Not trying to put you off mate, just being realistic.

All the best den.

Only 5 years older than me and your past it!!!!!! :laugh::laugh: forget edwoood now we have deadwoood :laugh:

Hi guys new to the forum and also new too scaffolding just wondered what you guys thoughts are on someone wanting too retrain as a scaffolder at 41? Sat my cisrs entrants and booked my tubes and fittings part 1 bare in mind I've been in construction as a plasterer for 25 years..........

Welcome to scaffs forum fella

Last edited:
Your never too old to try something new - It will always be physically demanding. Welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the Scaffolders Forum.

Top Bottom