Hi all, any and all advice will be great ta.

monojfk

Reaction score
Hi Guys looking for a bit of advice and direction please, Looking to return to the building trade after a spell away ( Career change not jail lol) anyhow long story short I have a few friends who may be able to get me a kick in offshore once qualified, was looking at doing my part 1 around march but my problem is I have erected plenty of quick stage and cuplock but never T+F , I understand part 1 teaches you the basics and the real learning will begin after this!. My problem is most company's in Ayrshire where I stay all appear to work with quick stage, how could I acquire the necessary experience if this is the case? I would even gladly work my weekends for free with a company to gain the expertise required if anyone knows of anyone? any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forum mono....im sure there will be lads that will be willing to give you advise mate.

Thanks for the welcome lads appreciate it , hopefully someone would throw me a bone lol, obviously a sticky point for a load of scaffs attempting to sit their part 1 and 2 that it seems T+F isn't used as much on the street so to speak :unsure:

Hi and welcome to the Scaffolders Forum.

What!!!! no t&f in the whole of ayrshire. Looks like you'll have to move to a T&F county. or buy enough tube to practice building 8'x8' towers in your garden. hswt,can advise on tower erection, then next, decide which is your prefered fitting,lol. little giants for starter pack. good luck mono.

OMFG are u for real???? Another zero to hero mega buck earnibg wannaby....listen lad theirs no quick fix, no fast track & no easy ride in this game - reguardless of doin a bit of system or ur m8s gonna hook u up with a start the truth of the matter is u"ll b a fcukin liability with little knowledge or experiance you'll b an accident waiting to happen!!!!- work out a long term plan if ur genuine- move south to where the work is start as a trainnie & after about 10 yrs if ur still in the game u'll av cracked it but tbh get a gov retraining grant & become a plumber

Dont pull yur punches sp, I was trying to be polite. I'm sure there be plenty of advanced trying to get a start offshore. I would imagine pt 1 no experience would have no chance

OMFG are u for real???? Another zero to hero mega buck earnibg wannaby....listen lad theirs no quick fix, no fast track & no easy ride in this game - reguardless of doin a bit of system or ur m8s gonna hook u up with a start the truth of the matter is u"ll b a fcukin liability with little knowledge or experiance you'll b an accident waiting to happen!!!!- work out a long term plan if ur genuine- move south to where the work is start as a trainnie & after about 10 yrs if ur still in the game u'll av cracked it but tbh get a gov retraining grant & become a plumber
What a pity it appears your a liability with reading opening threads!! As stated I have over 20 years experience of erecting quick stage and cuplock however none with T+F , move south ffs gies piece 3 kids! As for wrongly stating a quick fix for your info I was looking at around 3 years grafting doing the T+F so hardly a quick fix you plum!! FFS in 3 years pilots can get their aviation licence BUT don't dare attempt to erect T+F !! It's guys like you that attempt to intimidate or belittle people from attempting to change or better themselves , sad man.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Frederick you would be absolutely correct re part 1 hence the minimum offshore would even consider me would be part2 , a long way away but with hard work and a bit of luck its more than achievable , cheers mate

Good response mono, take all comments with a pinch of salt mate. Im pretty sure you will get plenty of good advise from yur fellow scafs , takes a while to filter thru. good luck and happy new year lol.

Cheers Frederik , I do appreciate the encouragement mate, truth be told I have been a member on the forum for a month or so but was unable to post till my username had been activated , during this period of browsing I could see that 99.9% of the fellas were brand new and offered sound advice, no surprise however that the poofter had a **** poor response as I had noted it on several of his replies, unfortunately in life you come across fuds that feel that so bitter that the only way to make themselves feel better is to attempt to ridicule or pour scorn on decent people!

To right southern poofter I agree with you takes years true grit and determination to get up to being a good scaffolder too many people just want to go for easy street offshore is not its all made out to be been there myself too many arselickers and backstabbing

Mono - u mug....20years my arse.:nuts:..ur just another silly little keyboard warrior m8 & tbh i dont give a flying fcuk what u think of me.
anybody on here will tell you that i'm a genuine guy who has employed many guys from the forum,payed for their training & quals incl hgv & forklift tckts...in fact we got a guy relocating up from cornwal nxt week from here.
i share info and drwgs with any members that ask for them.& have been a valued vip member for a long time.
the one thing wiv me is i dont pussyfoot around & i tell it as it is - some agree some dont ...but thats the whole idea of an open forum but with nearly 30 years of turning a spanner & the last 15 runni g my own company i think i know wot i'm on about & if you dont like an honest open comment then go & pick up ur hammer & play with crash & bash & moan about it for the nxt 20 years but as u can see others have already liked my comments so as like minded fkrum members we cant be all wrong;):p

Listen poofter , your replied screamed ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME, point proved lol, tell you what don't reply to mine in future and vice versa, makes things easier for all concerned so threads don't get derailed by squabbling, cheers.

Firstly welcome to the forum mate I myself was in the same position as you when I started out only used cuplock and on the part 1 and 2 courses I struggled to say the least but with your level of experience in system you should adjust or pick it up a bit quicker imo

But and it is a big but the only way is to continue using tube otherwise struggle like mad and make yourself look bad ..... As for offshore never been myself but from looking on here and mukkas that done it is sounds like they are good scaffolders ie only want good scaffolders ie hangers/shore work etc so might be bit out of reach experience wise

once I left my first company for the next few years I chopped and changed and I HAD to tell different companies that I was mainly system based I took a tenner a day less as we've all seen the plicks that get found out but It went down well that I was honest with the companies and the blokes

You will get blokes saying you ain't a real Scaff bla bla bla but as long as you put food on the table and provide for your family then fuk em!!!!! Hope it does work out for you mate

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Plus don't offer your services for free mate too many a **** that would take you up on that

Last edited:
Bobby thanks a lot mate super reply and can relate to what your saying , I'll keep plodding away and hopefully get a break somewhere pal, and I agree honesty goes much further than a fella brassing his case, thanks again mate.

Top Bottom