hemping over the handrail

timthumb

Reaction score
kier have said we are not to hemp over the hr when using the scaff step system ...... i say its only the hemps on the ends off the step then the intermediates off the boarded lift and over the handrail .....
opinions would be good but sg 4. 10 quotes would be better as proof ....

i havent got the booklet for a couple of weeks yet and the combisafe literature does not show me
( it seems to pretend there are no hemps lol )

thanks

Kier's may have it in place as one of their rules. If they have, you can't really argue.

If that's there company policy that's the way they want it doing mate, just keep your self right.

How else are you supposed to hemp then?? Off the step, itself?? F.uck that... i dont trust them at the best of times, let alone to stand on a 2ft x2ft platform and play about with a 21ft tube...

Thanks but no thanks.

SG4:10 does not specify whether it's ok to, but implies it by encouraging the use of the step. And how else are you supposed to top out when you cannot access the topper unless there's already a guardrail in place?

It means you must either plot out your hemps for face height so you can place them in after the AGR is in (dangerous) or plan them where you normally would... and hemp in your 21's by standing on a small flimsy step (ironically, also dangerous)

Sounds like Kier are uncomfortable with the idea.

if based out correctly top out with 3.9mtr tubes that way you are not struggling with 6.4mtr tubes. if the scaffold is staggered correctly you should not have any problems with manual handling then. if stood on the step then check out its safe working load before carrying out this practice.

if based out correctly top out with 3.9mtr tubes that way you are not struggling with 6.4mtr tubes. if the scaffold is staggered correctly you should not have any problems with manual handling then. if stood on the step then check out its safe working load before carrying out this practice.

thats the type of nonsense i would expect to read in a book - in the real world the ground isn't allways flat and heights differ per elevation, on site obstacle sometimes dont allow certain leghth or height of tube-

i always advise to put a small hemp tube in which will catch the H/R on the next lift - heypresto no need for the step or to top over the handrail -;)simples

Top Bottom