Help loadingbays ( kwickstage)

Yard man

Reaction score
Hello folks. Joined this site for advice I work for a company that has its own scaffold department with subbies supplying a list of materials for each job. The problem iv got is different companies build loadingbays differently wich causes me a sore head. When I contacted three mager scaffold hire/sales companies they told me different ways to build the loadingbays as well. Is there anyone that could tell me the materials that are required to build a legal loadingbays or point me in the right detection to gain the indoe. Cheers yard man

The thing is a loading bay is a design structure & as such should be built to the drawings - different companies may hold different generic designs but as long as the calcs are for the SWL then there should be no problem - maybe as a company it may be worth investing in your own set of generics or choose one subbies set & just make sure all loading bays are built to one set

I Would Have To Say That Interserve Loading Bay Is Probably The Best Kwikstage Loading Bay, It Has A Central Standard That Runs Up The Middle Of The Bay, Really Quite A Good Design And Simple To Use.

We've been useing interserve gear for years but, having trouble sourcing replacement components. So we were looking at trying something deferent and when I contacted generation they told me all I need is a loadingbay transom front and back, batten it out with steel stage, kwickgaurd either side,Gates and guardrail and if more than 3 lifts use 6 ton jacks. Iv worked under 3 managers and 6 Forman and God knows how many subbies and there's never been a mention of 6 ton jacks and when speaking to St helens ltd they said there's no way you can use a loading bay at the front

When Using Any Other Gear Than Interserve When Kicking Off The Loading Bay, Come Off The Tranny Pressing (The Low Pressing) With The Loading Bay Transom, Dont Put The Loading Bay Transom At The Front Cause It Will Interfere With The Kwikguard.

And you'll need inters..intermediate transoms..genaration up here they are 4 to an 8ft bay..for there insurance purpose but leagaly your only allowed a 6ft loading bay..lol..we just put in 8ft loading bays anyway..we tag our own jobs no a tagman..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..com on you bhoys in green..

Andy, I Have Never Heard About The Six Foot Bay Buddy, We Always Just Come Off An Eight Foot Bay (8X8) And Wing Tie Every Lift And Brace Every Lift. You Dont Always Need To Use Interserve Intermediate Transoms, If You Are Using Deborahs Trannys Or Generations Gear They Dont Supply Them. I Have Never Heard About The Six Ton Jack Rule Either, As Long As Its A One Piece Jack ie Kwikstage Universal Or A Deborahs Screw Jack You Are As A Rule Ok.

Aye up here ger that's the script they want m8..we jist da 8x8 anyway but we use inters..

Never Heard That Andy, Still Every Place Is Different I Suppose.

Ano m8..wits no allowed sum where..it's allowed other places I suppose m8..different strokes for different folks..lol

This Is It Andy We All Talk About Drawings For Loading Bays, Load Of Tosh Me And John Dolan Have Just Completed A Block Of Flats In Kirkcaldy Twelve Lifts Never Saw A Drawing For Anything Never Mind A Loading Bay.

M8 we don't get drawings either..lol..it's a joke..we done southern general for bam and didn't even cum up in conversation bud..

There should be no intermediate transoms on any Kwiksatge loading bay. These would rely on a non loadbearing component (the ledger) to support a considerable load.

The Interserve loading bay is different from the other loading bays for reasons during operation and load bearing capability.

Each kwikstage system manufacturer producing look a like compenents have different loading bay configurations. You should follow the user guide supplied by the company you hire or purchase from.

Not sure where the 6' loading bay idea came from, but not correct. A system loading bay dimension is up to the system designer. In the case of Genuine kwikstaage this would be Interserve, Cuoplok would be SGB etc.

It is recommended that all interserve loading bays use a 7.5T jack and not any other jack.

Top Bottom