Health and Safety - The Modern Day Myth...?

Is 'Health and Safety' a Myth...?

• Yes, its a Myth... Its never truly used and ONLY used against us.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No, its not a Myth... I feel safe at work and Health and Safety works well.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Im not sure.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • How many jobs have you been on where your MADE to do things in the name of 'Health and Safety', that in its-self makes things MORE dangerous? - Like wearing Safety Glasses in the rain?

A few, the scaff step being the main thing which makes the work more dangerous.
Jason-Gibbs said:
  • How many jobs have you been on where your told that Safety is paramount, then being unable to walk 20ft, without nearly breaking your neck/tripping over shiite, due to very poor house-keeping?

Very common, sites are all to eager to tell us what we already know about H&S, then make us work on unstable ground, covered in bricks and rubbish.
Jason-Gibbs said:
  • How many jobs have you been on where your asked to do a 'quick job' and not put too much into it, as: "He'll only be on the Scaffold for about 5 minutes, its just a quick favour"...?

Used to be very common, "they're only on for an hour!" used to ring in my ears every week without fail but I'm away from that now, my scaffold goes up my way, unless another scaffolder senior to me shows me a better, not more unsafe, way.
Jason-Gibbs said:
  • How many jobs have you been on where your made to sit on 2 day inductions and preached 'Safety this and no-blame culture that', only to BE BLAMED for every little thing thats gone wrong on a job, even though most of it, is nothing to do with the Scaffolders?
Street scaffs get this the worst, especially on peoples property's. I've found I rarely get blamed for things on site.

As far as I'm aware H&S was introduced to protect company's from being sued, there has rarely been any dispute on its true meaning.

Though there do seem to be a few out there who do actually care about peoples welfare.....

Top Bottom