Have I lost touch?

For fu ck sake they they should of easy done what you asked.there was some one on hear said when he starts a new gang he tests them out with a 3 sider up and a 3 sider down

I stuck a leana up yesterday to drop a chimny stack. took just over an hour when it should have been half that time, nealy sacked meself on the spot.

Might get shot down in flames here but were the lads working to SG4? This has been a big difference in job duration.

Clipping on every 2 seconds and advanced guardrail vs walking on 2 boards and banging the job up!!

A pal of mine was erecting a house and was caught with no harness, no hat and no handrail and was fined £1500 and his firm was also fined.

Its a bit hard to comment fairly on this one as you havent said what the actuall footage was, or the access to do the job etc, but tbh the most productive time of the day is up to breakie & if ur not rocking up till 0930 then its hard to pull that time back....also gotta be honest & say the rate maybe a little low- most Reading scaffs i know are on £120-130 aday. Gotta expect the rough wiv the smooth im afraid, once they settle in they may surprise you & av a good day putting up more than you expect, if so be as quick to thank them as u were to bollock em lol

Might get shot down in flames here but were the lads working to SG4? This has been a big difference in job duration.

Clipping on every 2 seconds and advanced guardrail vs walking on 2 boards and banging the job up!!

If it was boarded but not hand railed when he turned up I'd guess they weren't working to sg4

Sounds to me like they're taking the ****, 2 sides 3 lifts and 1 of base isn't a great deal unless of course the runs are 100ft, but I expect and do 4 sider roofers say building dimensions 30ft x 40ft x 3 lifts completed by 3pm 2 handed one of which is usually a labourer or improver pt1, not exactly going for it but a steady progressive pace.

Sounds to me like they're taking the ****, 2 sides 3 lifts and 1 of base isn't a great deal unless of course the runs are 100ft, but I expect and do 4 sider roofers say building dimensions 30ft x 40ft x 3 lifts completed by 3pm 2 handed one of which is usually a labourer or improver pt1, not exactly going for it but a steady progressive pace.

What time you start ?

How much you on a day

You must be a firms dream scaff

I'm not sure we would get that done even using system.

What time you start ?

How much you on a day

You must be a firms dream scaff

Not really mate, just your average joe pt2 street scaff, just motivated to get the job done and home, I will load up the day before or early in the morning, onsite and loading/setting out by 8am, based on 16ft high working platform, top lift not braced as its below my knee, forgo the advanced guard rail of step ups and single sissy rails, I earn a suppose the equivalent of £150 per day, Of course if pissing around with full ppe and single rails then you put a few hours on that, hate being encumbered by double lanyards and spanner lanyards, site inductions etc, this wouldn't be a main contractors site mind, this was how I was taught so its 2nd nature these days. Just have my own way of working where both are busy as oppose to one doing the fixing whilst the other just watches on picking their arse

Not really mate, just your average joe pt2 street scaff, just motivated to get the job done and home, I will load up the day before or early in the morning, onsite and loading/setting out by 8am, based on 16ft high working platform, top lift not braced as its below my knee, forgo the advanced guard rail of step ups and single sissy rails, I earn a suppose the equivalent of £150 per day, Of course if pissing around with full ppe and single rails then you put a few hours on that, hate being encumbered by double lanyards and spanner lanyards, site inductions etc, this wouldn't be a main contractors site mind, this was how I was taught so its 2nd nature these days. Just have my own way of working where both are busy as oppose to one doing the fixing whilst the other just watches on picking their arse

Good reply fair play to you bud you must be quick with your guns though that's for sure.

I'd say you make your boss a few quid aswell

If only we were left to get on with it like that more often mate. Only on the street these days and even then you still need to keep a look out.
Everybody still wants it done yesterday right enough.

Top Bottom