has this happend to you

We did a job about 6 months a go and half this job was all ready up with all new gear and they wanted the other half doing, ask them whos gear it was, and they said they had bought it to do the job but needed it all up, and did not have another gear so I came to a deal that we would do the job and take the gear as payment when they finshed, checked it every week 4 months later got a call to say all finshed ,went to go strike it and it was all down, all new gear had gone along with about £500, worth of our gear, when asked them where it was they said they took it down to save us doing and someone must of nicked it. well this is a hotel they are doing up spending lot of money on fitting it out want to be open for easter will not be open on time if the same people who nicked our gear go back and do the place over which I think will happen, what go round come round

We had a phone call last week off a building contractor to go and strip one of a Blackburn firms job, told them to do one and then i rang the other company to tell them what was going on, they said they'd been getting phone calls all morning from other scaffs saying they'd been rung and asked to strip it.

Can you do us a favour and PM me the building company name, cheers.

Last edited:
well guys the next part of the saga we have now involved the police thousands of pounds worth of our kit has now been stollen from the site. the site agent had his staff dump the gear and not in the storage area police now informed and investigation underway if it hadnt cost us the whole thing would be a joke over 80 boards stair treads fittings the lot
and they still haven't paid

It's because of firms like that, that scaffold business's go out of business, look at howorths

The Gear has been stolen. But the contractor is still liable for the loss of material on hire from you to him. As I said before bill the contractor for the lost equipment, but now add loss of earnings into the mix as you cannot erect material that you are denied access too. It will be difficult to prove who stole this equipment, but their agent is negligent by allowing your valuable material to be put at risk and there is your right to compensation. I truly hate people like this!

Top Bottom