Harness Inspection?

Don't make me pull out the big gun SG notes.;)

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Nasc guidance every 3 months SG 16 by a competent person.

There is also an INDG on the Hse Website saying the same.

Did you miss this wee snippet bf?

Give me both barrell's and put me right,seriously though,there'd be feck all left of the harness after two years let alone five:eek::D

Don't make me pull out the big gun SG notes.;)

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Did you miss this wee snippet bf?

Aye,we can do the 3 mth inspection,but we cant do the 12 mth certing unless we have further training as SP has;)maybe simian would care to clarify the 12 mth certing situation??:idea:

Nasc guidance every 3 months SG 16 by a competent person.

There is also an INDG on the Hse Website saying the same.

Not the olde competency card...dont 4get a card course & qualification is the only way in the eyes of the hse to prove competency...as with the 20:13re-write, its gonna upset a lot of people when the word competent is changed to qualified

Hey bigfish get one of the lads to do the course & cert- .on paper with a 1 off payment make him harness inspector & supervisor & if it all goes wrong feed him to the wolves lolo....

On a serious note its surprising how many dont bother with either the inspections or a rescue plan ...& its only clever to get away with it till someone gets hutt & ur on ur way to jail....normal hse bullshite i'm afraid but they got us by the danglies if u excuse the punn

Last edited:
Minimum time scale between inspections by a competent person is six months. Normally brought down to three for scaffolding due to the task. No testing just inspection only.

Top Bottom