Harness Inspection?

aom

Reaction score
I know this has been done before probably a few times now but what is the maximum spacing between harness inspections?

I know the daily before use thing but we record our inspections roughly every 3 months but have always thought legally it was 6 month maximum. Before I make a fool of myself, is that right?

I always thought it was a maximum of 3 months,and certed every twelve months;)

Every month here aom but I am pretty sure its according to manufacturer specs.

I'm sure there is a maximum here HSWT, no matter what type you have.

I always thought it was a maximum of 3 months,and certed every twelve months;)

haha, here we go again. I remember the conversation now BF.

Can anyone confirm the 3 month thing?

every 3 month

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

In accordance with British Standard BSEN365, harnesses used for fall arrest must be subject to a periodic examination by a competent person. The HSE recommends that these detailed inspections are carried out every three months if the harness is being used in a harsh environment, e.g. exposed to extreme heat, cold, weather, chemicals etc. If you are using the harnesses regularly but feel that they aren't exposed to such conditions, you may be able to justify less frequent detailed inspections, e.g. six-monthly.

It IS 3 month inspection 100% sure

I have just read our manufacturers specs and it says the service interval is 12 months from date of first use?

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

every 3 month

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

In accordance with British Standard BSEN365, harnesses used for fall arrest must be subject to a periodic examination by a competent person. The HSE recommends that these detailed inspections are carried out every three months if the harness is being used in a harsh environment, e.g. exposed to extreme heat, cold, weather, chemicals etc. If you are using the harnesses regularly but feel that they aren't exposed to such conditions, you may be able to justify less frequent detailed inspections, e.g. six-monthly.

Thanks Markus, was that of the hse web site?

I have just read our manufacturers specs and it says the service interval is 12 months from date of first use?

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Thanks Markus, was that of the hse web site?

indeed mate

haha, I just get fekin lazier by the day. You don't fancy taking a load of gear through to Dunoon for me the morra do you?;)

These more formal, in-depth inspections should be carried out periodically at
minimum intervals specified in the employer’s inspection regime. It is recommended
that there is a detailed inspection at least every six months. For frequently used
lanyards it is suggested that this is increased to at least every three months,
particularly when the equipment is used in arduous environments (eg demolition,
steel erection, scaffolding, steel skeletal masts/towers with edges and protrusions).
Detailed inspections should be recorded.

theres another snippit.

I'm sure there is a maximum here HSWT, no matter what type you have.

haha, here we go again. I remember the conversation now BF.

Can anyone confirm the 3 month thing?

I know lol,we need one of them harness inspection trainers to clarify the regs on this one,i cant remember,been a while since i done that course,but that's what i stick to,3 mth inspection,12 month certed,breaks my heart seeing harness's failing the certing because of a bit of fraying at only a year old,and many do specially the shoulder bit where they've been chaffed carrying gear:(

That's the 12 month cert,which we cant do ourselves unless you've been specially trained beyond harness inspection;)

That's the 12 month cert,which we cant do ourselves unless you've been specially trained beyond harness inspection;)

ok you win :laugh:

Hey bigfish what course did u do m8...depends on manufactures but exams on 3 months whick gives it a rollin cert @12 mnth if ur qualified & to b honest its not that expensive in the long term saves u cash keep sending them out for re-cert

Hey bigfish what course did u do m8...depends on manufactures but exams on 3 months whick gives it a rollin cert @12 mnth if ur qualified & to b honest its not that expensive in the long term saves u cash keep sending them out for re-cert

Just the harness use and inspection S.P. so i cant do the twelve month certification inspection,the place i use for inertia's,lifeline's ect is only down the road and very reasonable plus the guy's there are very helpful so it's no bother to nip the harness's in pal:cool:

Nasc guidance every 3 months SG 16 by a competent person.

There is also an INDG on the Hse Website saying the same.

Fair enough bigfish....i think i've stated on a previous thread but we changed over to miller/ sperian and did their training as there harness have longer shelf life also the qual allows you to inspect their blocks,inertias& lines.in the long run saves a small fortune m8

Ha ha, naw it's naw.:laugh:

Top Bottom