Half back truck

Clarey

Reaction score
Hello all. Iv been looking for a transit type truck with a 13ft bed but cant seem
To find any for a reasonable price. It has to be 2002-present. Iv looked on the obvious gumtree,ebay and autotrader but was hoping someone would know a small dealer or something usefull.

Wait till Scaffy get here, he is worse than Arfur effin Daily.

iveco pick ups m8 about a 14ft bed on them fella
mind you the ones ive driven do break often

that might be me not the truck tho

Merc Sprinters are the kings of pick ups and you get a 15ft body.

You could always build your own body, this time nxt year your left arm might be same size as your right :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just brought couple 56 plate sprinters lovely motors

Dailys - troublesome ***** two low at front

Transits - clutch problems *****

try looking at the newer transits with tail lift coz of the lift ya get an extra ft and comes in handy for working of the back ov

We have a 13ft transit and as scaffy says it has had the dreaded clutch probs paid £££s for single mass conversion and still had probs with it. I would go with a sprinter all day long now.

Clutch then alternator and starter every time

then one of the thick cnuts puts petrol in it lol once ya just payed fcuk nos how much ofr it to be fixed lol

Cheers for the info boys will start having a lil lOok at sprinters now. How much would it cost to swap the body over if needed???

depends on what body comes off an what body goes on , if you half handy yourself you can do it yourself bud.

A sprinter will cost you maybe 25% more than a tranny, but will cost you 50% less to run while you have it, you could also look at the merc 500 series i think it is with the twin wheels at back and carries approx 3.5 tonne laden i think, might be 800 series not sure

Sprinter 4&5&6 series , one on ebay at min trouble is over 3.5ton so unless downrating then should be on o licence and tacho regs ( might as well have a lorry)

if I was buying a pick up I would only really go for merc bud , yes they more expensive but they save you fortunes in maintainance and everything else.

If its a works van for running lads around and light delivery duties I buy vans I get best deals on regardless of type because I only run them 3 years then part ex before they crumble.

One bit of advice is check out the local auctions if interested in second hand and look for ex british gas, electric board, water board , enviroment agency vehicles as they are built to high spec are under worked and excellently maintained with hand was facilities, built in canteen type eating areas etc etc

Citroen peugeot fiat vauxhall all front wheel drive no good

Anything over 3.5 requires o licence and tacho i believe super !

Top Bottom