Haki stairs attached to tube and fitting

vinny

Reaction score
I visit site and often see, system staircases attached to tube and fitting. The top landing is often a couple of inches above the walkway.

can someone point me in the right direction of how we eliminate this please, I understand there is adjustment available in the jacks.

Thanks in advance.

We put Haki stair towers against bricklayers scaffolds and believe me it's a bonus to get within 2 inches. The jacks are for levelling the tower and the landings are in fixed positions, so we are often 6 inches either way depending on where the scaffold lift falls.

tube and fitting lifts can vary in height as they arnt bang on 2mtrs like system scaffold so that can vary in height difference when you get to the top lift,also new build at 1.5mtr lifts too.I blame the brickys for that though ;-)

Last edited:
i allways measure down from lift and if jacks r wound down as far as they will go then i did out so its flush with lift sometimes its better 2 start with a 1.8m stair

Look to set the stairtower a metre from the scaffold and use t/f landing or Apollo steps to gain access up or down a metre each way to the independent

the gears crap,why do firms use this for access????totaly inept for the job.not on a rant guys but there got to be better access solutions than that haki guff,lol a mean theres more t+f in it than haki.why for the life of me dont they use the t+f treads???cost ad say and they say saftey outweighs cost,you put a minter of a job up then that sh1t bang on the front an absolute eyesore.keep haki for roofs lol.

If you have a 12m or 8m staircase to build, I know which way I would go...Haki or cuplock.

Takes an hour or so to build with system, all day or more T&F.

Also, system wont require a design, T&F stair towers will require a design.

we have been putting the brickwork scaffold up in 2 m lifts so the haki stairs and loading bays match up with the lifts ,then using 2 board hopup brackets for the 1.5 m lifts for the brickies . the lazy b*stard brick layers love it cos they dont have to bend over to pick there bricks up

mate haki accesses are quite frankley p1sh,me personaly would use the treads,astheticly pleasing on the eye,also could be the diffrence of repeat work from the client.who will look and see he has a safe usable stair access,which may have taken bit longer but by jesus looks as if the guys know what there doing lol.

mate haki accesses are quite frankley p1sh,me personaly would use the treads,astheticly pleasing on the eye,also could be the diffrence of repeat work from the client.who will look and see he has a safe usable stair access,which may have taken bit longer but by jesus looks as if the guys know what there doing lol.

C'mon pal , you really think a client wants you to take longer (which you try doing a staircase 43 lifts in tube & fitting ) and make it look good on the eye ?
It is not a permanent structure , it only matters to the likes of us on this forum who appreciate & have pride in our work to them it's all planks & poles !!!

I have had similar experience with haki and layer loading bays against T&F. But the thing i hate most with Haki stairs is the way the landing platform sits on the ledgers so even if you line the lift up spot on youve still got a step or tripping risk. Because the ledger is like a ladder beam they sit down - why didn't they make um flush?

final word for me,the gear is sh1t,looks worse and not fit for purpose.ps only my personal view apoligies to all the hakalites out there.pps i must admit iv never used it either.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

your spot on taff trip over em all day long lol,quality stuff.

Agree with the other poster, I dont like the haki or general scaffin needs.
Roof systems are good, stairs and loading bays are good.

Agree also that placed parallel you do get the annoying step. They work better end on, but that makes them need wind braces if going up any significant height. But they do a trap/flap sort of attachment that covers the gap up. We carry 1m, 1.5m and 2m treads so if you cant get reasonably close with that choice theres a problem somewhere.

aint a lover of haki either and we use kwikstage staircases at least they are aluminium !

dont know mate - we have the info and i will let you know !!

final word for me,the gear is sh1t,looks worse and not fit for purpose.ps only my personal view apoligies to all the hakalites out there.pps i must admit iv never used it either.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

your spot on taff trip over em all day long lol,quality stuff.

lol ''you've never used it '' how can you say it's garbage ? It is not the best but it work's better in other situations than T&F .:wondering:

Top Bottom