guy killed offshore.

i know from first hand experiences about the lads pushing for collections on the bg armada.
they done me proud after i had a bad accident to the tune of around £5000 also had money from platforms i had never been on...
also a scaff called terry brown who lost his wife...his collection went upto around £30,000

i for one will always put to a sheet even if i dont know the guy....it is just what is done out in the north sea....
but on the other hand you do get some d"ckheads who frankly refuse to put a penny..

R.I.P

i am currently working on a shell site. they called a meeting on friday morning.
they told use about the accident and said all rope access work has been stopped on there assets untill after the enquire. they are only using rope access for rescue cover at the moment.

have also heard a rumour from a mate of a mate who works on the brent charlie that there may have also been issues with the stand-by vessel taking on to much overside watch within the area of the platforms..apparently it was a calm day but it still took a fair time to get to him and put there rescue plan into action....
it seems like there will be a fair amount of the brown stuff hitting the fan over this and rightly so.
i think it is safe to say that alot of things are overlooked and taken for granted offshore when it comes to doing the job, even tho it is rammed home all the time...from the top to the bottom of the food chain.... until something like this happens....i for one as a chargehand will be making sure that little bit more"heads up" chat goes on next time i do a tool box talk for the squad...even more so before we go over the side to work...

i was on the murchison at the time when news came through its was shell shocking rip my thoughts are with his family

i'm sure this is the 1st death involving rope access....

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Thats IRATA in the UK.

i for one will be putting to in....even tho he was not a scaff...still leaves a partner and family no doubt

Last edited:
Top Bottom