guy killed offshore.

offshorescaff

Reaction score
a guy from bis salamis has been killed while working offshore on the Brent Charlie platform...
was not a scaffolder, apparently fell from ropes while working over the side Thurs morning time...only out doing his job trying to earn a living like the rest of us....

our thoughts are with his family...

R.I.P

Could have been a Scaff before the ropes? Loads are changing over. Condolences to his family.

condolances to family friends rip

Ment to have been a roped access blaster, blasted through the rope. RIP poor guy and family.

Am presently out on the Brents. The whole field is shell-shocked. We are still trying to put together what happened. All our thoughts are with his family, friends and work collegues at this terrible time.

R.i.p. And condolences to his family and friends.
I wonder who will get the blame when the cover up,sorry investigation is held.i dont think it will be shell,or bis salamis

Lads this lad wasnt blasting on the ropes when it happened, and up till now it is not clear how this accident happened.

there are a few rumours flying about as to the nature of his untimely death.
the scaffolders on my platform has put it to our stl who is from abseiling that a collection should be made,and hopefully it will set a precedent thatb when ever there is a death offshore the collection should go round all the platforms.we can only try this was a man out working for his young family.
r.i.p. and condolences to his family and friends

RIP and condolences.

Blasting while on ropes??? Shouldnt be allowed.

Thats what they do mate, did that job myself offshore... RIP... thoughts with his family.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Just read the story in the P and J.. when working over side, life jackets are worn and the stand by boat would have been close in and watching activities... said the guy died onboard the stand by boat...

latest rumour and its only a rumour is that the level 3 is getting done with manslaughter.the lads went down through a hatch and his ropes were rubbing against the edge of the hatch,and should have had a protective coating this led to the ropes cutting.
I CAN ONLY STRESS THIS IS ONLY A RUMOUR.
R.I.P ANOTHER SAD LOSS

there are a few rumours flying about as to the nature of his untimely death.
the scaffolders on my platform has put it to our stl who is from abseiling that a collection should be made,and hopefully it will set a precedent thatb when ever there is a death offshore the collection should go round all the platforms.we can only try this was a man out working for his young family.
r.i.p. and condolences to his family and friends

I thought this was already a precedent. We collected for scaffs who died in Holland years ago.
Here in WA we had a collection for the young Irish scaff who died recently.
All the scaffs on my project donated although nobody knew him. Quite a lot was raised by the lads.Other contractors donated as well.
The guys here even donate if one of their own is off long term due to sickness etc.

HSWT sounds like the scaffs out there are sticking together ? Do you see the same troubles out there as we are having here ?

Pretty unionised here mate.
Some jobs are non-union but work on an agreement so every one should know where they stand....workers and management.
I dont know about street work as not involved in that.

Has there been any problems in the UAE? There were a few strikes and rioys back in the day but quickly crushed by the security forces.

If that rumour is true regarding the ropes cutting through.. they should have had a rope protector were the rubbing occured, if not, the level 3 wants *******... can't see some experienced person not doing that though...

There is generally a collection on the platform or field and also sometimes put through by the company he was employed by.
In this case the lad was a abseiller,not a scaff but the scaffs have pushed this forward on the bg armada platform nowhere near the brent field.the lad was also employed by bis salamis,and we are all rbg(rigblast).
Once again condolences to the family and friends
GOOD TO HEAR THAT THE LADS IN AUSTRALIA ARE STICKING TOGETHER,AND LOOKING AFTER ONE ANOTHER.
ENJOY THE SUN MY WIFE SAYS ITS PISHING DOON IN GLESGA

Last edited:
Top Bottom