Got injured

i didnt think i wasnt being nice , the irish brickie did . i was only joking and she started bitching me . different country different humour maybe

I agree mate, washington is a different country...lol.

Lazz

you say legal proceedings are taking place in this matter,your solicitor should commission a report from an expert that is conversant with the H&S legislation that applied at the time he will testify as to on how many boards should have been used in this instance.

for your part you were working under instruction from the site H&S advisor to use a minimum of 3 boards, and that the injury occured due to a faulty or failed board placed there by others.

I am afraid that litigation for damages can take many years and cost thousands of pounds.With the result that if you do not win you can be left to pay your costs

I hope you get some redress for the injury you sustained

My thoughts too Rigger, A good solicitor you would think could source all the relevant codes and WAH regs that applied at the time, instead of the person having to look for that himself.

Another reminder of the real reason we have a **** load of paper work and carry an ever increasing amount of ancillary equipment to prevent accidents. We all moan about the things they make us wear and do but this is exactly why.(and oh yes to stop you hurting yourself)

Lazz,

This is not a personal dig at you and your situation, I too wish you well with your case but it's an ill wind if we can't hold up your current situation to inform others.

Good Luck

Lazz if its compensation youre after, then you have many avenues to go down. were you trained to carry out the work you was instructed to, was the other scaffolder who brought injury to you trained, did he have his own insurance or was he covered under the company's insurance. If so then the company are vicariously liable for youre injury, for competency and not providing a safe place of work ie the dodgy board. At the end of the day Lazz as ive found out over the years the injured person will always get a pay out unless they carry their own insurance, but wed never have enough scaffolders if we made sure everyone we took on worked under their own insurance and safe systems.

:bigsmile:
planks , fooking hell your obviously not a qualified scaffolder so shouldnt of been erecting scaffold . i think you are talking about the 1st sg4 with 3 boards . but if your not a scaffolder you shouldnt of been erecting it . 2foot what were you doing practising back flips

classic mate, exellent:

Its another one !!!!!!!!!!

2 ft wat are you on mate your company should be doing you. You told them you could do the job and you fell off at 2 foot.
Were theres an accident theres a claim, you must of been playing around. Were did you learn your trade ?

Sad this industry is full of lads who fall, though 2 foot. You got to give us your reason mate, to have fallen off doing a system scaffold at 2 foot. ive got to tell the lads this.
Yep just told the lads and i wont say wat they said.
Mate hope your well, They said dont forget to put a cork on your fork b4 you eat in a restraunt, That was one of the trainiees saying that not me and he did ask how long have you been scaffolding ?
2ft im sorry mate. please give us more info so i can stop laughing 2ft.........Hope your on the mend though.

It's doubtful if you'll get a reply from him as he posted it on 2nd Dec, go back to the begining of the thread and you'll be more clued up as to his explanation, it seems he stood on a dodgy board and it snapped, even at 2ft that can result in injury. Thats why we have the WAHR as it identifies that you can be injured from a fall no matter what height. The cause of the injury in this case was the dodgy board, so we should all take a lesson from that, including the trainee, to check the boards before placing them on a scaffold, whether its at 100ft or 2ft.

Top Bottom