Going to Freds House.

Got there bout 2 o clock they have already erected to the top of the chimney themselves with a bit of gear they have, they just needed some fittings and some 13ft tubes, few boards etc. They had made a bit of a hash of it to say the least, but then again they are not scaffolders. We helped board the top lift and are calling tomarrow morning when bbc are there doing a documentry to drop they gear they need off. They said we can put banner on so if you see it on telly remember we didn't erect it only supplied the gear.
Some really old fittings on it. My spanner wouldn't fitt the bolts looked like mills swivs and dubs. The rest is smart seen a few old engines and had a look at his mineshaft and workshop.

the fittings must have been 1/2 inch whitworth, bet theres a few on here that remember them:eek:

oh yes orac once striped a 9 lift job every 1 was 1/2 inch wen i got back i said why ave u used them he said i can i pmsl glad you had a good day at freds dandaps

Yes mate half inch bolts on them. Started to have a go a making it a bit more SG4 for the telly but they insited they wanted to do it themselves. I think the were scared I was going to charge them. Anyway just glad to be able to help them.

Top Bottom